Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaChesis

Accutane Second Course - Male -21- 40Mg

Hi guys, this is going to be a pretty simple log. No life stories, just weekly updates about my progress (not that I don't like to read other logs of people who seem to put alot of time into it :P )

Just want to point out that english is not my first language so pardon the grammatical mistakes that I might make.

Little background info on me; I took accutane roughly 4 years ago when I was around 17 for my mild to moderate acne. Took 40mg for 5 months and it cleared me up nicely (99% clear) for nearly 2 years and a half - 3 years. In the last year I've started getting pimples more frequently and at this point in my life I just don't have the patience for ANY acne anymore. That's why I decided to get back on accutane again.

I'm 5''10 , 160 pounds and will be on 40mg for the next 4 months probably. I would describe my acne as very mild (not gonna lie, it's nothing compared to some people here) BUT, it's VERY persistent. Sometimes I'll be clear for 10 days, but I just KNOW that I'll get a breakout the week after. The one thing that describes life with acne the best is ''Same shit different day'' and I'm sick of that so I decided to destroy acne once and for all.

So that's it folks, I think I covered pretty much everything. If you have ANY questions about accutane, don't hesitate to ask me. It's my second course so I already know quite a bit of information about the subject and I can share my experience with you guys. Also, any comments are appreciated, it'd be cool not to feel like I'm talking to a bunch of ghosts :P

So here's my first update

DAY 4

Sorry I didn't create my log on the first day, but I don't think it changes anything anyway since I don't have MUCH to report yet (obviously).

My face was almost totally clear on day 1. I do have a little break out right now. (3 whiteheads) But I doubt this is an IB from accutane, much more probable that it was from shaving.

As for the side effects: Nothing major. Lips and nose might be starting to get a little bit drier (could be my imagination though :P)

Oh.. and I also had a pretty rough second day. I felt kind of tired and nauseous the whole day, but then again I doubt it was from the accutane.

that's it folks, see you next update and keep your head up whoever is on accutane, I know it might be tough but just know that you're into the process of getting clear skin! (My first course of accutane was the best decision I've ever made in my life, no doubt about it). so KEEP YOUR HEAD UP and enjoy life because life is short! :)

DAY 5

So hey guys, I know it's only been 1 day since my last update, but wow how things have changed. FAST. Today is the first day I could really tell that I was on accutane. I live in canada and it was ridiculously cold today (minus 28 degrees celsius) actually, and this really made my skin feel dry and uncomfortable.

Acne wise, I can really notice that my skin is not behaving the same. Everything seems to be speed up. The 3 whiteheads I got yesterday were gone this morning. But then I got 2 more during the day and as I'm typing this, they're pretty much gone now too.

Another thing to mention is I very rarely get whiteheads normally. I usually get 1 or 2 inflamed pimples per breakout. Since the beginning of my course, I have not gotten one inflamed pimple, but only whiteheads. So yeah.. pretty weird.

Oh and finally, 10 minutes in the sun pretty much did it. I got a very noticeable sunburn (even though it's winter).

That's it for today folks, lots of change, but nothing really negative or dramatic (in a bad way). I'll keep you guys posted if there's anything to report (for the very few that will read my log ) wavey.gif

hey lachesis! i'm on day 5 today toooo!!! and 40 mgs as well, wow, amazing :D let's be accutane buddies eh?!

i've been noticing the same thing, little flesh colored bumps on my cheek and chin have turned into whiteheads which i usually never get either! it's just either colorless bumps or inflamed red bumps!

i haven't actually noticed the dryness yet though, maybe it's i obsessively moisturize my lips now... lol.

my skin actually seems to be more oily than normal -_- not sure why that is...

hey lachesis! i'm on day 5 today toooo!!! and 40 mgs as well, wow, amazing biggrin.png let's be accutane buddies eh?!

i've been noticing the same thing, little flesh colored bumps on my cheek and chin have turned into whiteheads which i usually never get either! it's just either colorless bumps or inflamed red bumps!

i haven't actually noticed the dryness yet though, maybe it's i obsessively moisturize my lips now... lol.

my skin actually seems to be more oily than normal -_- not sure why that is...

Hey! Same day, same dosage, that's awesome smile.png I see that you have a log too, I'll make sure to follow your progress! Yeah the whiteheads are really a pain in the ass, but it's for the best. Just tell yourself that every pimple you get on accutane is bringing you closer to the end of it. I can assure you that in 5 months (probably even less) you'll be able to enjoy clear skin! As for the oily skin, I can't really tell you the reason why there's more oil (Maybe accutane is pushing the excess oil out). I didn't really have oily skin to begin with and the cold weather is only making the process of getting dry skin faster so that must be a big reason why in my case. I'm sure you'll notice less and less oil very soon. Good luck with your treatment and keep your head up, you're in the process of getting clear skin! smile.png

Edited by LaChesis

DAY 7

Wow!! One week down already!

So this is going to be a quick update guys since there's not that much to report. Skin is doing pretty darn good. I have no actives right now, but only 3 or 4 red marks from the white heads I got on day 4. I hope I can avoid the dreaded initial break out (crossing my fingers). I might have a good chance though since it's my second course and I didn't really have much acne to begin with.

The dryness has set-in, but it's nothing too bad so far. I'm using cetaphil moisturizer and it's doing a good job. Lips are pretty dry, I don't really like putting on chapstick, but I might have to start using it more soon. I still have my sunburn from a couple days ago (thank god it's not summer, because I burn in only 10 minutes and I wouldn't want to miss out on summer because of accutane).

So that's it guys, course is going really well so far, I am pleased. I hope you guys are doing well and I wish you all a nice week. See you next update!

Edited by LaChesis

Day 11

I have to say, so far I am blown away by how fast accutane has been working. My skin is flawless right now, except for one tiny whitehead that you can't even see unless you're looking for it. The major reason why it's working so fast is probably because it's my second course and that I didn't have that much acne to begin with.

The redness from my sunburn has been fading so that also helps with the overall look of my skin. I'm praying that I don't get some sort of initial break out later in the first month, but I have to say right now I just feel so confident waking up every morning. It's as if I already know there's not gonna be any new pimples. IT feels SO good.

Oh and finally, yesterday I said ''fu*k it'' and pretty much ate everything I wanted (Chocolate muffin with a huge glass of milk, a huge bag of popcorn, like 5 glasses of soda'' and I have no new pimples forming today. That's when I know something's working :D

So that's pretty much it for today, it's kinda hard to make a big update when everything is so good, but hey.. I'm definitely not gonna complain! Have a nice week everybody and see ya next update (even though no one seems to be reading this lol..)

Day 15

Hi ghost town.

Nothing major to report. I got some very tiny whiteheads here and there in the last 4 days, but they appear and disappear within the same day. I have not been unhappy about my skin at any point in the first 15 days so far. This is really awesome to be honest. Oh and I've been eating a bunch of foods that I know made me break out before accutane and everything's been good so far. This has to be one of the most awesome thing so far on accutane.

Lips still very dry, but it doesn't bother me that much to be honest.

Everything's positive. Still haven't experienced any initial break out.

Day 17

Hi guys, just a quick update. I Have a little break out on my back right now that consist of 3 average pimples and 1 kind of big pimple (cyst I think). I popped the 2 smallest ones (couldn't resist). I also have another pimple along my hairline, behind my head, that is quite painful. So is this my initial breakout? I wouldn't call that an initial breakout, but if it's as bad as it's gonna get, sign me up for that. I'd much rather have it on my back than on my face.

Face is still 100% clear, which is kinda weird because the first time I was on accutane my back cleared much faster than my face. This time, my face was pretty much clear from day 1 and has been clear ever since. My back.. not so much, but hey.. I'm already doing much better than I should be doing on day 17 so it's all good!

That's all for today, see ya next time.