Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sbaker566

Moderate Acne, Probably Hormonal?

I am 17 and have had acne for about 4-5 years now, it was just facial acne up until a year ago when I started weight training, and got it all over my back, Ive tried taking showers right after workout, proactive, antibiotics, the usual.

However I am thinking my acne is due to hormones, though I do get extremely oily skin, anything I can do besides accutane?

Have you tried the Org's regimen for body acne? I hear it is supposed to be very helpful. There is a whole subforum regarding this. And Dan sells products that you can use for your bacne.

And you may want to head over to the Nutrition section as they have lots of tips of dealing with hormonal acne in a holistic manner.

:)

Sbaker, your oily skin is from oil. Try eating less oils and sugars, I would stay away from any oil even olive oil and get fat from either whole milk, fish, or avacoados, and some amount of coconut oil. An alkaline diet with digestive enzymes during meals would give you porcelain skin in a month. And cold baths would give you better skin and health.