Notifications
Clear all

Adapalene And Scarring...should I Discontinue

MemberMember
(@badst6)

Posted : 02/09/2012 11:41 pm

Long story short: I've been suffering from acne for about 10 years now. Went on accutane twice and in my early 20's my acne has calmed down. About 7 months ago I started using differin as a topical. Although I dont get as many pimples as I did before, I feel as if my face is scarring a lot and its becoming noticabel. Maybe its just me, but has anybody else had this problem? Part of me wants to discontinue the differin to see what happens, but I've heard mixed reviews on differin. Should I keep using it even though my acne flare ups arent as bad? Or should I stop it because of the excess scarring? I dont pop my pimples anymore, but it seems like any type of bump I get on my face causes a scar. Will they eventually heal? Or should I stop using the product all together?

thanks!

MemberMember
(@collegeboy84)

Posted : 02/18/2012 1:12 am

I have used differin (adapalene) for the past 9 months. Your scarring is most likely not from Differin. In fact, Differin will actually help with very, very shallow scarring and wrinkles. It is a derivative of Vitamin-A and just like Retin-A it should help the overall texture and appearance of your skin. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@madzippy)

Posted : 12/19/2012 2:52 am

sorry just found your thread. i had the same question after having used epiduo which combines benzoyl peroxide and adapalene. i've suffered significant scarring after having used the product for about 6 months. wish i had those 6 months back. never had an issue with benzoyl peroxide before.