Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jennifer G

How Can I Make These Marks Go Away ?

so far I have tried the baking soda + water treatment for a week and I feel like it has helped my skin A LOT!!! It has dried my skin but it has also prevented pimples from popping out.

the only problem is that my face has really red and dark marks after the pimples I had... what can I do?? sun? time? HELP!!!

here are some pics... i am so miserable :(

post-169242-0-25009300-1328844422_thumb.

post-169242-0-27329100-1328844429_thumb.

post-169242-0-18770500-1328844438_thumb.

post-169242-0-36302600-1328844445.png

post-169242-0-18770500-1328844438_thumb.

post-169242-0-36302600-1328844445.png

The first step to eliminating those kind of inflamed red marks is to LEAVE YOUR SKIN ALONE.

Don't touch it, scrub it, exfoliate it, scratch it, pick at it, put goop on it, or let water touch it.

Yes your skin may be rough for a few days, but the redness should have a chance to subside.

First off, that doesn't look like permanent scarring. All I see is hyperpigmentation and inflammation. Second of all, please take my advice and leave your skin alone for three days before bombarding it with retin-A or anything else.

Thirdly, take a zinc supplement. (50-75mg a day) Which should help to expedite the healing process.

Fourth, I believe you are a good candidate for accutane. I would highly recommend consulting your dermatologist about it.

Thirdly, take a zinc supplement. (50-75mg a day) Which should help to expedite the healing process.

Fourth, I believe you are a good candidate for accutane. I would highly recommend consulting your dermatologist about it.

I used to take accutane 4 years ago and it worked wonders. When I went to see my dermatologist he gave me a prescription for minocylcin which I have been on for a month now. It has somewhat stopped the acne but the scars/hyperpigmentation are still there....

I dont think i can take zinc supplements with minocyclin...I should research it. Thanks hifive.gif

My acne was bad but nw its starting to fade. I had tried retin a and anti biotics such as tetracycline ..it did help a lil but nw im using sulfur soap and rattlesnake soap with some herbal antibiotics i knw its weird but trust me that helped me alot i have a lil bit of red marks and scars but this is still an ongoing process.. hope ths

hlped

First off, that doesn't look like permanent scarring. All I see is hyperpigmentation and inflammation. Second of all, please take my advice and leave your skin alone for three days before bombarding it with retin-A or anything else.

i dont think accutane help fade marks or does it?

i dont think accutane help fade marks or does it?

Well it technically can cause it's a major anti-inflammatory and I think the way it shrinks sebaceous glands might also help (don't quote me on that) but regardless it shouldn't really be used unless you actually have active acne to kill.