Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jakey21

Are These Bumps Clogged Pores?

I've been on Accutane for 5 months now, and for the most part, it has cleared me up. The only thing it did not seem to have an affect on is these small bumps under my skin. I believe they're clogged pores. They're mostly noticeable when the skin is stretched, but still visible when not. Some are them are easy to extract, but other sometimes require a needle. When extracted, a white stringy puss comes out and it takes quite a bit to get it all out. I'll post a few pictures below. Perhaps some of you guys have had a similar problem? Are these clogged pores? What did you use to get rid of them?

m9a6nt.jpg2lupgk7.jpg35ho8kw.jpg

I have no idea, but I get those in the same area as you. The only good thing is that they usually don't get that large and they aren't all that red... but they're really annoying.

Jakey21, those are clogged pores. What works to get rid of them is washing them w/ cetaphil and then massaging an astringent into them. And to prevent them from ever forming you could remove what causes them, food. Try an alkaline diet and start using digestive enzymes and they will disappear.

Yeah clogged pores, I have many of them on both sides of my cheek (around the same area as you) and am currently in the midst of a very bad breakout... If you extract them by hand, chances are they'll keep coming back and eventually they'll turn into a red, swollen whiteheads; the kinds that are actually painful. My advice is to leave them alone (or maybe have a professional deal with them, I have no knowledge on that however) and if they ever do turn into pimples (which may take a long time), wait until they are at an absolute head and gently pop them.

Though whatever you end up doing,take it from me, as someone who would use to constantly mess with these, do not repeatedly extract them by hand.

Edited by 112358

I have the same thing as you in the exact same areas. I'm not sure how Accutane works around these things - my acne is not at that point of severity yet - however I treat them like regular spots. Usually just using any of my successful blemish-fighting products help. Since you're on Accutane, I guess it'd be hard for you to find a product that would help regular pimples, but if you have any treatment that you know helps diminish blemishes, try that. Exfoliate and try to manage your oil levels.

Don't touch them or pick at them. That will make things worse. Either try what I said above or use very gentle products to smooth away the impurities and whatever it is that is clogging your pores.