Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave482

Having A Really Hard Time In Life Right Now

Hello everyone,

I don't really know where to start with this or why I'm doing this in the first place. I don't know what to do. My life is a complete mess. I have multiple health issues including a LARGE variety of food allergies, asthma, type 1 diabetes, and some other personal health issues that I don't wish to discuss. Just recently I began to get very severe acne to the point where I'm losing friends and losing a lot of confidence due to people staring and how I can't make any new friends. I can't even focus in school anymore because I'm so worried about how disgusting my face is. I was recently at the doctor because I was worried about another health issue and he told me my acne was very bad and gave me tazorac. I've been using it the way he prescribed and it worked for the first week or so, but just today I noticed that I had a HORRIBLE breakout. My acne is so bad, probably the worst it has ever been. My hair is also long and I'm too afraid to get it cut now because I'm scared the hair stylist will find me disgusting. I don't know what to do. I want to go to the dermatologist and get on accutane because there's nothing more to lose in my life at this point if I somehow get some very bad side effect from it and end up getting some random disease BUT since I have both asthma and diabetes my mom says I will never be put on accutane. I feel like my mom is providing no support at all. She thinks my acne is nothing. I don't tell her that I'm depressed because I know she won't even care or do anything about it. Sorry if I'm rambling but there's nothing left for me to do.

I can relate to being embarassed about haircuts. Every time I get a hair cut the hair falls and sticks to my oily skin and I have to have a bunch of hair stuck to my face until I get home. I don't know if the hair stylists feel bad for me or find me disgusting.

Accutane isn't the only option. There's always the holistic approach. Alternativista made a post that covers just about everything: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/230714-good-things-for-acne-cliff-notes-to-clear-skin-health/page__hl__cliff%20notes

Many people cleared their skin by changing their diet, like this guy: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/291546-my-perfect-acne-diet-that-works/page__hl__cystic%20acne%20from%20low%20blood%20sugar

There's also supplements, like zinc, or cinnamon: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/309596-cinnamon-why-it-can-cure-acne/page__fromsearch__1

I know how you feel. Having all these problems and not being able to talk to anyone and when you try to the other person doesn't take you seriously. I can't talk to my parents cause they barely understand english and my brother doesn't care about my problems. Acne and school are driving me crazy. I have like 2 projects due, an essay and of course acne. Someitmes I can't really focus in class because sometimes people stare at me like I'm some sort of freak and then I fall behind in that class. As for the haircut thing try not to worry about it too much. I love getting haircuts. I find them relaxing for some reason. Lately I've been trying to find a new hair colour and style for myself and can't seem to find a good barber. Sometimes I know life seems like its against you but you just have to keep looking straight and keep going.

I can relate to being embarassed about haircuts. Every time I get a hair cut the hair falls and sticks to my oily skin and I have to have a bunch of hair stuck to my face until I get home. I don't know if the hair stylists feel bad for me or find me disgusting.

Accutane isn't the only option. There's always the holistic approach. Alternativista made a post that covers just about everything: http://www.acne.org/...__cliff%20notes

Many people cleared their skin by changing their diet, like this guy: http://www.acne.org/...20blood%20sugar

There's also supplements, like zinc, or cinnamon: http://www.acne.org/...__fromsearch__1

Thanks a bunch Omnivium. I think I'm just having bad day. I'm not always in constant depression. I think changing my diet will help. I am almost addicted to drinking coke. I drink it almost every day so I think that might be a factor in my acne. I'm gonna quit tomorrow and start working out. I also am going to try to eat a lot healthier.

I know how you feel. Having all these problems and not being able to talk to anyone and when you try to the other person doesn't take you seriously. I can't talk to my parents cause they barely understand english and my brother doesn't care about my problems. Acne and school are driving me crazy. I have like 2 projects due, an essay and of course acne. Someitmes I can't really focus in class because sometimes people stare at me like I'm some sort of freak and then I fall behind in that class. As for the haircut thing try not to worry about it too much. I love getting haircuts. I find them relaxing for some reason. Lately I've been trying to find a new hair colour and style for myself and can't seem to find a good barber. Sometimes I know life seems like its against you but you just have to keep looking straight and keep going.

It's a horrible feeling isn't it? I am getting a haircut on friday so I hope that goes well. I'm going to get directed to a real dermatologist soon. I got my tazorac from my doctor but I think my acne is bad enough to get a professional to check me out. Thank you two very much. It feels good to know there's people in the same boat as me. I often forget that I'm not the only one in the world with acne.

Hi Dave!

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I know how you feel because I've been there too. I had asthma, food allergic and moderate/severe acne case last year. I was depressed with my look and sometime I cried. It was so bad and I lose my confidence too. I get easily pissed when people start to stare at my face and there is one time I felt like want to punch a salesperson who been trying to promote their product to me. Haha!

Starting last year I start with gentle facial treatments from a trusted beauty saloon at my place. The skin therapist who been giving me the treatment advised me to change my diet by eating healthy food, drink a lot of plain water and to exercise frequently. I changed my diet to healthier one by consuming organic food. Less sugar, less sodium, less processed food, less refined sugar and carbs, less fast food, less dairy products and no no soda. Soda and too much of dairy products seems to exacerbate my asthma. I also start to drink one glass of brewed green tea without sugar, one glass of diluted apple cider vinegar every morning and 2 litre of water daily. I start to workout frequently too and whenever I work out, I will drink extra 12 oz of water to avoid water retention. I changed my skincare regime too.

Right now, I don't have cystic acne anymore but I do still have occasional tiny zits and red acne marks. Plus, I feel more energetic and I lose some weights too. Hehe!

You should give this a try too and never give up. Its a bit painful at first stage of eliminating old bad habits but you will get use to it and feel great about yourself later.

About getting a haircut, just go get a haircut because your hair need attention and care by you too. Just like your skin and body. If you still have breakouts, I don't really recommend you to get a hair colour because as I experienced, the chemical in hair dye worsen the acne.

Hi Dave!

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. I know how you feel because I've been there too. I had asthma, food allergic and moderate/severe acne case last year. I was depressed with my look and sometime I cried. It was so bad and I lose my confidence too. I get easily pissed when people start to stare at my face and there is one time I felt like want to punch a salesperson who been trying to promote their product to me. Haha!

Starting last year I start with gentle facial treatments from a trusted beauty saloon at my place. The skin therapist who been giving me the treatment advised me to change my diet by eating healthy food, drink a lot of plain water and to exercise frequently. I changed my diet to healthier one by consuming organic food. Less sugar, less sodium, less processed food, less refined sugar and carbs, less fast food, less dairy products and no no soda. Soda and too much of dairy products seems to exacerbate my asthma. I also start to drink one glass of brewed green tea without sugar, one glass of diluted apple cider vinegar every morning and 2 litre of water daily. I start to workout frequently too and whenever I work out, I will drink extra 12 oz of water to avoid water retention. I changed my skincare regime too.

Right now, I don't have cystic acne anymore but I do still have occasional tiny zits and red acne marks. Plus, I feel more energetic and I lose some weights too. Hehe!

You should give this a try too and never give up. Its a bit painful at first stage of eliminating old bad habits but you will get use to it and feel great about yourself later.

About getting a haircut, just go get a haircut because your hair need attention and care by you too. Just like your skin and body. If you still have breakouts, I don't really recommend you to get a hair colour because as I experienced, the chemical in hair dye worsen the acne.

Thank you! That really motivates me to put my depression and acne aside. I have never really worked out at all but I really want to start. I have some friends who work out daily that will be able to work out with me. I also think once I stop drinking so much coke and soda I'll have less acne issues.

Hi Dave!

Thank you! That really motivates me to put my depression and acne aside. I have never really worked out at all but I really want to start. I have some friends who work out daily that will be able to work out with me. I also think once I stop drinking so much coke and soda I'll have less acne issues.

You're welcome! Glad that I can help. You can start with exercise for beginner first as a start. Don't go hardcore first because your body has not immune with your new routine yet. Exercise in the morning is the best. You can start with brisk walking in the morning. If morning does not convenient for you, you can workout in the evening too. Your friend can guide you. You can watch 'The Biggest Loser' to boost up your motivation and get some guidance on how they exercise and what they are eating. Make sure you exercise 2 hours after eating and after you exercise, let your muscle relax first then you can eat.

Make sure you don't wipe your sweat because wiping can irritates your skin. Just gently pat it. If you be gentle with your skin and body, your skin and body will be gentle on you back. It takes time to heal but hey, it really paid off! wink.png

I barely use my inhaler anymore. Very very very barely. No more using it in daily basis.

Make sure you drink a lot of plain water after workout okey? smile.png

Oh yea, make sure you get enough sleep too. Don't stay up. Get atleast 7-9 hours to sleep so your body have enough rest. Skin product works best when we sleep too. hehe!

Edited by zazaszai

Life is tough for me as well. Life is hard for many, for most even. Life gets me down, really annoys and frustrates the fuck out of me. But I don't want to kill myself. So I gotta keep truckin' I guess. I don't want to do it but I have no other real option. I suppose we should focus on the positives and not too much on the negatives. We should focus on the solution, not the problem. I should focus more on ways to avoid as much pain and unnecessary suffering as I can and maximize pleasure and happiness. There is a way. A way for it all. We just have to realize it. And act on it. Smoothly and efficiently. Confidently.

I know how hard it is. I never cleared up from acne since puberty. Lately, my skin broke out. I went to 3 derms, I think the last one is working well. Sometimes, when you're at the lowest point in your life, don't give up. Think that your problem is pathway to your maturity. Change your diet, eating more fruits and veggies, avoid junk food and, sugar, and those greasy foods. When someone ask you about your acne problem and you're kinda offended, just say "I'm on my path to physical maturity".