Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blissbalance

Best Eye Cream? (I Got Fine Lines Around My Eyes Because Of The Regimen)

I am wondering if these fine lines will go away on their own.. I got them from the regimen and I've been using the regimen for about a month and a half, I am thinking of buying an eye cream to get rid of the lines and dryness, any suggestions?

I'm using Dermalogica Extra Firming Booster, Garnier Brightening Eye Roll-on (daytime) and Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Firm (at night) to reduce the fine lines. Yes, I'm using serum and eye cream around my eyes. Eye gel works best for dry skin as it hydrates. Try to look for eye gel that contained Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide for hydration and reducing fine lines. Retinol works wonder on fine lines too.

i get dryness around my eyes from the regimen. it is from the cleanser for me. i just use cetaphil lotion around my eyes after i have completed the regimen. i moisturize my face with dans moisturizer, but cetaphil works wonders for the dry spots around my eyes. i make sure to wash my hands in between to ensure im not getting any bp on my eyes. i would give that a shot. works great.

i get dryness around my eyes from the regimen. it is from the cleanser for me. i just use cetaphil lotion around my eyes after i have completed the regimen. i moisturize my face with dans moisturizer, but cetaphil works wonders for the dry spots around my eyes. i make sure to wash my hands in between to ensure im not getting any bp on my eyes. i would give that a shot. works great.

Use hydrating eye gel or cucumber instead of using Cetaphil lotion because lotion/ moisturizer because it is too heavy on delicate eye area. You can get milia from it like what happened to me before. When you clean your facial, make sure you clean you face and neck accept around your eyes.

I was reading an interesting article by Paula Begoin saying that eye creams are generally no different than facial moisturizer and are basically a big rip off. Here's a link to the article if you're interested: http://www.cosmetics...-heres-why.aspx

I've noticed I've been getting some red areas and dry patches on my eyelids and had no idea where they were coming from. Then I realized that I tend to rub my eyes alot and was probably touching my face after putting BP on and then rubbing my eyes sometime afterward. I actually used some Vaseline on them yesterday and today the dry patches seem to be gone. I'm going to continue using it and see if it helps even more. I've also used the Cetaphil cream I used on my face around my eyes but I actually like the Vaseline better. My worry is that Dan says wherever you put moisturizer the BP will also migrate to. So I try to keep a dry skin barrier between the moisturizer on my eyes and on my face, but with such an emollient moisturizer that is very hard to do since it seems to end up spreading anyway. That's another reason I like the Vaseline since it tends to stay in one place once applied.

As for the moisturizers being too heavy for the eye area, I think most eye creams are pretty heavy and not everyone has problem with milia because of it. I read milia is usually a matter of genetics so if you've had it before then it's something you want to be careful about, but if you don't have a history of it and have used eye creams before with no problem then you probably have nothing to worry about. I'm sure I'll eat these words if the Vaseline causes me milia, but I'll guess we'll see.

Edit: Okay after reading more about using Vaseline around the eyes I'm seeing a ton of comments along the lines "NO!! You'll get milia!" So I most likely won't be using it to moisturize my eye area anymore. I'd still like to find something to moisturize that area that won't "travel" like the Cetaphil Cream. I'm 31 now so definitely trying to keep those wrinkles at bay!

Edited by starlys

I use vaseline around my eyes and have only ever benefited from it. The only downside I've found is that it can get IN my eyes and blur my vision a bit and it's difficult to get out.

Use hydrating eye gel or cucumber instead of using Cetaphil lotion because lotion/ moisturizer because it is too heavy on delicate eye area. You can get milia from it like what happened to me before. When you clean your facial, make sure you clean you face and neck accept around your eyes.

I make sure to avoid my eye area, but all cleansers dry out my skin, and my eyes consequently get dry as well, even if he cleanser doesn't get on them. I have weird combo skin that is very sensitive.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED. i had dryness around my eyes and well i made a post about it and someone suggested to add moisterizer around the eyes like a racoon (LOL) before adding bp and so far this is one of the best advice i've had and helps a lot.

I use vaseline around my eyes and have only ever benefited from it. The only downside I've found is that it can get IN my eyes and blur my vision a bit and it's difficult to get out.

Thanks, that is good to know that you haven't had any problems with it! I used it again last night and those awful dry patches that I've had on my eyelids for several weeks are totally gone, and my eye area feels soo plump and moisturized. Even heavy applications of Cetaphil cream wouldn't get rid of those dry patches and the Vaseline managed to do it overnight! I'm impressed.

Last time when I was a teenager, I used moisturizer around my eyes as it dry but then I had milia after that. I thought it was because of makeup because I always leave my makeup overnight at that time. But, its not. I guess the cream is too rich for the skin around my eyes. The only thing I get genetically is dark circle and eyebag not milia. My eyelid is oily and the skin under my eyes is dry.Eye gel seems pretty work on me because its watery and absorb faster. It hydrates the skin around my eyes and doesn't make my eyelid oily anymore.

I always make sure to apply eye gel first before applying moisturizer on my face because if we apply moisturizer first then eye gel, the moisturizer leftover on our finger mix up with eye gel. If you do apply moisturizer first, make sure you wash your hand first then you can apply eye gel. Eye gel/ brightener that come with cooling eye roller is the best!

You ladies aren't putting BP near your eyes, are you? Some of the drying topicals should definitely not come near your eye area, nor should toner. Salicylic acid is okay so long as the formula isn't drying. I'd use a different facial moisturizer for your eye area. You don't need a separate eye cream - just a good moisturizer - even an oil, like jojoba oil, could be used. Once you restore the moisturize back to that area, I think you'll be relieved to see the fine lines go away again. :)

I agree with ABGF,

when I'm using BP for acne, if I get it anywhere near my eyes, I start getting lines and wrinkles within a week and they go away as long as I keep the BP away from it. If you are applying anything on top of your BP (as I believe the regimen recommends with moisturizer) I'd be very, very careful not to allow the migration of your BP over to your under eye and even smile-line areas, as even a little bit of residual BP carried by the lotion can dry these areas out, as well as any leftover BP on your fingers.

That's why I like to apply BP last whenever I use it.

edit: as to not mess with Dan's regimen, a trick may be to wash hands thoroughly before starting moisturizer, and START your moisturizer in these areas that are prone to lines first, being careful to apply OUTWARDS toward the areas that have been treated with BP. If you do this neatly enough, you should be able to avoid having BP migrate to these areas.

Edited by tangt88