Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a1cne

What Type Of Acne Do I Have?

just recently got this acne/scars mid last year. currently taking minocycline and washing my face with 5% benzoyl peroxide.

2yjrbwn.jpg

35k60wm.jpg

Hmm well, could be mild but symptoms don't match. I would say you dont really have acne anymore buddy. How old are you? and how was Minocycline ? I am currently on Tetraysal

Hmm well, could be mild but symptoms don't match. I would say you dont really have acne anymore buddy. How old are you? and how was Minocycline ? I am currently on Tetraysal

minocycline has really helped stopped the breakouts. i still get maybe 1 a week but its died down alot. and im 21

Are we twins? I am not gonna lie, but that exactly mirrors my face on both sides, IDK what to say. I have this as well. I have had the scars for about a year as well. I have been on Clindamycin and BP 5% now for a month, and it suppresses my acne. I get breakouts when I eat citrus or anything bad. So I have kept myself to a certain diet.

If your acne is dying down now, I'd suggest looking into natural remedies to make your skin healthy again. Things like Aloe Vera, Olive Oil, Castor Oil, etc. which work to normalize your skin and can fade scars, redmarks.

These treatments should be layered on top of whatever you're doing now to keep your acne in check. If you apply aloe Vera for example before bed, you should wake up to continually improving quality of your skin. Good luck!

thanks. one more thing, i heard

NCN Pro Skincare Formula 5-5-5: Age Spot Remover & Acid-Free Exfoliator (2.5 oz.)

is great for covering up scars. any body have any input on that?

so any creams or face wash you know available to make the scars not as noticeable ?

Yes there are but they are prescription. Those are to reduce the red marks... I assume that's what you're referring to when you say "scars?" Realistically, scars are permanent and scars would be the indents. Those do not heal on their own, but do get better almost always on their own with time! smile.png

The redness does go away 100%, but that could take a very long time.

Edited by SteamRoom

thanks. one more thing, i heard

NCN Pro Skincare Formula 5-5-5: Age Spot Remover & Acid-Free Exfoliator (2.5 oz.)

is great for covering up scars. any body have any input on that?

I agree with this guy! Treat your scars and redness naturally. Aloe vera (fresh) works very well. I love this stuff. I usually apply it on scars and redness.