Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zumzumkhan

Finished 7 Months Course -What To Expect?

Hi All,

May be most of the people who are clear and done with there treatment won't be hanging around in here. However, I'll still throw a question to the readers.

I took my Last Accutane pill on Sunday and hopefully finished with my 7 months course which was my 2nd course. I am not sure if the derm is going to put me on topical treatment or not. I wish and hope he will do.

However, I just want to get my thoughts about my post accutane regimen.

Any vitamins or supplements I can use to prevent my skin getting over oily as I am pretty sure that caused the acne. I just want to the know the best to take care of my skin.

Let me know please

Thanks everyone

Hey , I used it got clear and hang around here. Everyone has questions

well let me tell you my results so far.

6 month course and had nodular acne on forehead and back. bad stuff

took the 40's for 2 months then the 80's

was still getting acne 4 months in but started getting results around 4 1/2 months.

completely clear for 5 months, around october of 2011 i began to get a little more on my face just small stuff that would come for maybe a week then leave and not return for 2 weeks and it continued that way until maybe last month. now i have a constant 5 on my face maybe, right now i have three on my chin that are some standard zits but really this is the worst its been since I was 4 months into the stuff. It almost seems like various parts of my chin or face will break out then another part will take its turn. no nodulars yet. realistically i look alot better and look like your average 20 year old but some times i still worry ill have to go back on it.

my advice is this: your clear now, dont worry about every zit you see and dont always think you will need it again when you break out. You dont need more stress. I wish I could follow my own advice but some times it seems your own advice is the hardest to take right?

anyways good luck hope it all works for you

Edited by USCTROJANS18

Thanks so much.

I hope both of us will stay clear. How oily ur skin is now? I am 26 and I never had a nodular and pastular acne in my life. It was only 3 yrs ago I started breaking out like never before and now i m getting more and more worried about it. As my face is completely ruined with the red marks. My skin got really over oily 3yrs back and I believe this is what caused the acne breakout. I just pray that I won't have to face such acne neither I want to go back to accutane again cuz ofcourse the treatment was really really harsh and I still want to get rid of side effects.

I am hoping the topical retinoids will help keep my skin clear.

and I hope the skin won't get oily as it was