Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeuceBags

Lactic or Glycolic

I have been using Lactic acid on some enlarged pores, and overall dull skin texture on my forehead from a past injury to the area. I have easily used the 40% Lactic acid and 55% from makeupartistchoice.com. Improvements seem minimal, but are slightly improving as time goes on I believe. The lactic acid seems to be a very conservative approach. Would glycolic acid still be a safe method to exfoliate this patch of skin? Would it work deeper than Lactic Acid? What strength of both would you recommend? Any light on the subject between the two in my case would be very helpful biggrin.gif .

Thanks.

Would glycolic acid still be a safe method to exfoliate this patch of skin? yes

Would it work deeper than Lactic Acid? yes

What strength of both would you recommend? 30% is common for glycolic.

Hi, I don't completely understand what you mean by "dull skin texture," but I think that any moisturizer/sunscreen would help there if you don't already use one. If I was you I would try a series of 20%-30% glycolic peels and see how that goes. Always make sure and do a test spot though. Good luck

I only use lactic acid peels. Why? Because some people said they noticed enlarged pores after using it. I don't know whether or not this is the case, or if it's just what they think however, I am not willing to risk it. Also, lactic acid is fine for what I want. You might also look into Salicylic Acid peels.