Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fudgestix

My Eyelids Get So Oily, It Burns.

It's true, I don't know if anyone else gets it. But my skin gets SO oily, some of it somehow finds it's ways into my eyes, and it BURNS. Happens to me more often than ever now... I'm 17 btw, had acne since 8 - 9. Skin also started getting insanely oily then too, prior to that I had really nice porceline skin T-T.

I thought I was the only one who got this! Exactly the same happens with me. It doesn't happen when I am taking the contraceptive pill, cos the oil is much reduced. I used to think I was allergic to my own sebum but I have no idea what it could be. My eyelids are oily which is how it gets into my eyes.

I have been dealing with this for 2 years. I never had a problem of this kind before either. It seems to come and go. But as of lately it's been chronic for 3 months straight. My lids look oily, burn, eyes get blurry, and under the eyebrow they sometimes itch. They also at times look a little more red and warm. Also, in your waterline(where eyelashes grow) I get these tiny little water bumps from time to time. Pin size in nature. I've gone to the eye doctor which was way more helpful than my derm. She said I have extremely mild sebderm on one of my eyelid that also cycled into mild case blepharitis. It's mostly a genetic thing that comes and goes. Flares under stress, colder weather, but again has no real reasoning behind as to "why" it happens.

My derm prescribed Elidel for the burning and itching. Did nothing. Also, he mentioned without a rash he said it was hard to tell what was causing this problem. However, he prescribed the Elidel anyway. Go figure.

My eyelids are oily and no there was no rash. However, after putting makeup on for the first time in months I did noticed dry, flaky, skin on just one eyelid. The moisturizer I was using made it difficult to see or feel dryness or flakes. Does that make sense?

So out of desperation-my one eyelid was burning, dry, oily, and flaky I used a hand cream. I had just bought Norwegian Hand Cream Unscented. I dabbed a little on both eyelids with a q-tip. Worked like a charm. No oily eyelids and no burning. It was the first time in months my eyes and eyelids felt normal. I believe since it is such a dense cream ( like vaseline) in nature it sealed the eyelid and acted almost like a primer. I have problems with vaseline or mineral oil so I wouldn't recommend those on eyelids at all. Though, I spoke to my eye doctor and she said both would be fine. The Norwegian formula uses glycerin versus mineral oil(vaseline). Which is what I prefer. Like I said, It's worked-though it did not solve the problem. Without out my lids still get oily. I use it under my eyemakeup and it works well though.

In regards to your eyelids I'm throwing out suggestions and speaking of myself in terms of my experience. You could honestly just have oily eyelids. Which in itself is a pain in the butt. But by all means if it is driving you mad, go see a doctor. They are of course your eyes and skin around your eyes is so fragile and thin. It reacts differently and needs special TLC. Good Luck!

I have been dealing with this for 2 years. I never had a problem of this kind before either. It seems to come and go. But as of lately it's been chronic for 3 months straight. My lids look oily, burn, eyes get blurry, and under the eyebrow they sometimes itch. They also at times look a little more red and warm. Also, in your waterline(where eyelashes grow) I get these tiny little water bumps from time to time. Pin size in nature. I've gone to the eye doctor which was way more helpful than my derm. She said I have extremely mild sebderm on one of my eyelid that also cycled into mild case blepharitis. It's mostly a genetic thing that comes and goes. Flares under stress, colder weather, but again has no real reasoning behind as to "why" it happens.

My derm prescribed Elidel for the burning and itching. Did nothing. Also, he mentioned without a rash he said it was hard to tell what was causing this problem. However, he prescribed the Elidel anyway. Go figure.

My eyelids are oily and no there was no rash. However, after putting makeup on for the first time in months I did noticed dry, flaky, skin on just one eyelid. The moisturizer I was using made it difficult to see or feel dryness or flakes. Does that make sense?

So out of desperation-my one eyelid was burning, dry, oily, and flaky I used a hand cream. I had just bought Norwegian Hand Cream Unscented. I dabbed a little on both eyelids with a q-tip. Worked like a charm. No oily eyelids and no burning. It was the first time in months my eyes and eyelids felt normal. I believe since it is such a dense cream ( like vaseline) in nature it sealed the eyelid and acted almost like a primer. I have problems with vaseline or mineral oil so I wouldn't recommend those on eyelids at all. Though, I spoke to my eye doctor and she said both would be fine. The Norwegian formula uses glycerin versus mineral oil(vaseline). Which is what I prefer. Like I said, It's worked-though it did not solve the problem. Without out my lids still get oily. I use it under my eyemakeup and it works well though.

In regards to your eyelids I'm throwing out suggestions and speaking of myself in terms of my experience. You could honestly just have oily eyelids. Which in itself is a pain in the butt. But by all means if it is driving you mad, go see a doctor. They are of course your eyes and skin around your eyes is so fragile and thin. It reacts differently and needs special TLC. Good Luck!

Have you tried this hand cream on your face? Apparently it may be used as such.

If you're suffering from an oily face, perhaps you can apply this cream to your face and see similar results. Worth a try.

Have you tried this hand cream on your face? Apparently it may be used as such.

If you're suffering from an oily face, perhaps you can apply this cream to your face and see similar results. Worth a try.

Interesting enough my face is extremely dry. That is why the oily eyelids threw me off. I use La Roche Posay Toleraine Ultra as my daily moisturizer. Works wonderful. No complaints there. The hand cream acts like a barrier because of it's thick vaseline quality. However, not mineral oil based. Glycerin instead. Which is what I find ideal for my skin.

I had just bought Norwegian Hand Cream Unscented. I dabbed a little on both eyelids with a q-tip. Worked like a charm. No oily eyelids and no burning. It was the first time in months my eyes and eyelids felt normal. I believe since it is such a dense cream ( like vaseline) in nature it sealed the eyelid and acted almost like a primer.

Thanks for this tip - I have some of this hand cream in the house so will give it a try!

I'm afraid that using these heavier creams will create a little bit of milia or acne on my eyelids, because I occassionally get one or two on my brows/brow bones. But I'll see if any of these work xD.

I'm afraid that using these heavier creams will create a little bit of milia or acne on my eyelids, because I occassionally get one or two on my brows/brow bones. But I'll see if any of these work xD.

That is definitely a valid point! I'm using it right now as a barrier to just heal and help. Not a forever product. I have the oily lid with the dry skin. Thus my rec for the product. Though, if your dealing with a straight up oily lids by all means try a primer or an eyelid primer. That should do the trick. Heck, I've read that Milk of Magnesia can be used as a primer. The verdict is still out on that one-not to mention your eyelids? No. I wouldn't rec.

Hello! :)

use eye gel/ water based instead of eye cream because its more hydrating. eye cream is a bit heavier. don't use hand cream or face moisturizer around your eyes because the skin around the eyes is delicate and thinner.