Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poi6

Who Thinks They Can Help Me?

can someone please teach me or help me not care about acne. i Know alot of people that dont care and their lifes are better because of it so can anyone help?

Overthinking is a symptom of the times. People didn't have the time to worry about issues like acne in the days of old. They were too busy working to survive the harsh winters, and other equally abrasive conditions. I recommend finding a hobby, or a career. :P Getting lost in the fictional world of a video gamemhelps me take my mind off my problems.

If your anxiety is really getting the best of you there is always counselling or anti anxiety medication, but I find that to be a bit extreme. In a perfect world you would find acceptance in and of yourself, drawn from within, but I've not yet figured out how to accomplish that, ha.

Edited by AceEpidermis

Seeing a dermatologist really helps me, and I don't just mean in terms of clearing my skin. Of course, the product working is the best, but it gives me a lot of security to know that I am being aggressive in trying to rid myself of acne by seeing a derm, starting a new regimen, or trying a new antibiotic, so I can look in the mirror thinking that my situation is being taken care of, and it gives me peace of mind.

I get into these funks when my skin is misbehaving. And it can be just crippling. (I'm sort of in one of these funks now.) and it's so easy to lock myself in a room and just cry. Refuse to see people, refuse to talk. Be downright emotionally abusive to myself. But that only makes it worse. And that's no way to live. So I'll do everything I can think of that I find calming and productive. Eventually get wrapped up in some new project or obsession. And whatever the new obsession may be, it takes up so much time and energy and thought that there's no room for worrying about my skin.