Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Zitro

How bad does acne affect your life?

How bad does it affect you?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How bad does it affect you?

• Unaffected
    • Very Mild :My self-esteem is high and have no problems.
    • Mild : My Self esteem is affected but not much
    • Moderate: low self esteem, not going to parties/asking one out
    • Severe : Withdrawal socially + don't like people staring!
    • Very Severe : Life seems empty, thoughts of suicide
    • Persistent suicide thoughs, life seems totally meaningless.

Guest Zitro

I expect this to be an endless thread where people share their pain.

I realized there are no polls here, I think it is important to compare your vote with the others and share it with them.

I voted the 3rd one, but sometimes I have been on "moderate".

i mean this is kinnda tuff question coz it depends on what my acne at the time is like! sometimes my acne is settled like just red marks and stuff and is clearly visible but i still seem to be somewhat confident but not full but on the other hand when i breakout real bad i wanna lock myself in my room and talk to noone coz i feel so ashamed of myself! at the end of the day if my skin was completely clear i think i would be alot more confident dry.gif

Guest Zitro

bump *

back from the dead too

I fall in very mild now

i voted moderate...i'm quite self-conscious about my skin/acne/scars...

and i just realised today just how bad my scars look .

I opened my curtains fully , to check in natural daylight (nope, they're never open, coz I would just be depressed all the time, seing as I spend the most time in my room)....ANYway, I was like 'okay common, you can do this, it probably doesn't look too bad."

wrong. totally wrong. the scars look absolutely AWFUL. cry.gif I really wish i had a digital camera so I could post it on here. i realised that that's how I look to other ppl.......... cry.gifcry.gif and it's a hideous sight. i feel ugly and disgusting.

sorry for the venting....it was just such an eyeopener...i knew they were bad, but this just killed me.

Guest Zitro

I opened my curtains fully , to check in natural daylight (nope, they're never open, coz I would just be depressed all the time, seing as I spend the most time in my room)....ANYway, I was like 'okay common, you can do this, it probably doesn't look too bad."

wrong. totally wrong. the scars look absolutely AWFUL.  cry.gif I really wish i had a digital camera so I could post it on here. i realised that that's how I look to other ppl.......... cry.gif  cry.gif and it's a hideous sight. i feel ugly and disgusting.

sorry for the venting....it was just such an eyeopener...i knew they were bad, but this just killed me.

I know how you feel .... I am lucky not to get scarring (except two big scars) ... if those 2 bother me ... I can't imagine how annoying it would have been if I had complete scarring.

wrong. totally wrong. the scars look absolutely AWFUL.  cry.gif I really wish i had a digital camera so I could post it on here. i realised that that's how I look to other ppl.......... cry.gif  cry.gif and it's a hideous sight. i feel ugly and disgusting.

^^^ well, to tell you the truth, that's what I though they were like (only slightly worse) but today, like you read, I saw what it really looks like and they are not similar to yours...they are truly 100x worse. a lot deeper and a lot more in number too...

but thanks for the words.... smile.gif maybe that girl got intimidated by your good looks, so she turned you down! wink.gif

I once told a friend about how my scars make me feel and she also said she didn't notice them, but she was just being nice. I know her well enough to realize that she was just trying to make me feel better....

which is why i'm glad I can come here, because there's no one I can talk to about my skin in my life. at least I can write out my feelings and people will actually understand.

I also know that until I start accepting my looks, I will never be happy, which really sux, coz scar treatments look like a distant possibility right now. I feel so bloody helpless... cry.gif

^^^ well, to tell you the truth, that's what I though they were like (only slightly worse) but today, like you read, I saw what it really looks like and they are not similar to yours...they are truly 100x worse. a lot deeper and a lot more in number too...

but thanks for the words.... smile.gif maybe that girl got intimidated by your good looks, so she turned you down! wink.gif

I once told a friend about how my scars make me feel and she also said she didn't notice them, but she was just being nice. I know her well enough to realize that she was just trying to make me feel better....

which is why i'm glad I can come here, because there's no one I can talk to about my skin in my life. at least I can write out my feelings and people will actually understand.

I also know that until I start accepting my looks, I will never be happy, which really sux, coz scar treatments look like a distant possibility right now. I feel so bloody helpless... cry.gif

Well I'll let you know how punch floats and dermabrasion with Dr. Y go.

BTW: My dad told me he had scarring 2x as bad as me (he's 50 now) and I can't even see where they used to be. He said they actually filled in and softened by the time he was 30.

Guest Amy Lee

Very Severe : Life seems empty, thoughts of suicide

Guest Amy Lee

It depends time to time, luckily, and not just stuck on one particular level all the time.

Zitro man, I wonder who is unaffected? eusa_think.gif I'm interested how they manage to be, it'll help us too.

For the longest time it didn't bother me too much, maybe because everyone else had a few spots also and because everyone would say "oh it's hormonal, you'll grow out of it"...but when my 21st birthday neared and then passed...ohhhh man! When I was younger, like 13, I would say "maybe my junior year" and then it was "maybe my freshman year of college" and now it's "holy shit, this is forever." Plus now it's not just acne....I've got loads of scars too. Just in these past six months I have really started going downhill....it's when I read people on this site that said that they've been dealing with this for 20 years....it's only been 11 for me and it's been ENOUGH!!! I now absolutely hate it when people look at me and I can't stand lighting, especially the fluorescent ones in school. Anyway, I haven't given up but it's starting to become more and more hopeless. It's just that I see myself living a life that I never wanted and it's really disappointing. It's also frustrating that I let something like this affect me so much...I feel so vain. But I know its more than that. Ugh...life is beautiful all the same.