Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamie10

Thinking Of Fillers As Last Resort!

Hi everyone,

I have had my pitted acne scars for 10 years! I had bad acne which I had treated with accutane when I was a teenager. After treatment acne stopped but I was left with a face full of pitted scars, particularly one cheek. The pitted scars are still red in comparison to surrounding skin.

I have had various treatments over the past 9 years, a lot of which was carried out by Dr. Chu and Dr. Texiera in London (these are pretty reputable names in dermatology in England). I have had the following treatments done in my time:

- Subcision x 3

- N-lite x 4

- Took part in an Isologen trial (so I had a few rounds of injections)

- Dermarolling x 8

- mild peels and creams

I am not sure how much improvement I have had overall. Perhaps around 30-40%. Still I am self conscious of the scars and they are still a bit red which is the worst bit! I am thinking of going to another place for fillers (http://dermadoc.co.uk/). I think this is my last resort.

I have also heard about Daphne fillers but these are temporary and that is not the best solution. I know other fillers are temporary too, but lasting around 6 months is reasonable. I am just fed up of seeing the same skin everyday. It is much worse than acne because I can't seem to do anything about these scars!

Any advice or opinions on my scars would be appreciate. I have attached two pictures of my right cheek which is the worst side. They were taken in different light. The second one looks worse with the shadowing, but you can probably tell the scars are still a bit red which is the worst part.

Many thanks

post-1676-0-03400300-1328040612_thumb.jp

post-1676-0-47051100-1328040634_thumb.jp

post-1676-0-03400300-1328040612_thumb.jp

post-1676-0-47051100-1328040634_thumb.jp

Face full of pitted scars haha. Yeah right, Your skin looks great. You have a few dents. Tread softly, its a minor problem.

Thanks for the compliment Coppedsynergy999. It's just very frustrating to be stuck in the same boat I was nearly 10 years ago! It is also annoying that I can't really grow facial hair to cover these up. I thought that would have happened down the line as I am a grown man now!

How would you rate the improvement from Isolagen? Would you do it again?

Nope the isologen was not worth it (though I was on a free trial of it!). Minor improvements, maybe 10%...

Jamie10,

Out of all of the procedures that you had performed, which one do you think helped the most?

Good luck.

Nope the isologen was not worth it (though I was on a free trial of it!). Minor improvements, maybe 10%...

That is bad news. By 10% improvement do you mean the long term improvement from Isolagen or did the improvement never exceed 10% (even at the beginning).

Do you believe the low improvement percentage has to do with the way the doctor treated the scars or with Isolagen itself?

I hear ya there. If I could just grow some facial hair like one more inch up into a goatee itd cover the scars. How did you fare with the subcision? Was your experience satisfactory? I didnt realize you had all those procedures. It seems like subcision is something people are getting 'real' results with.

Its not that bad. I got suggested pdt laser and fillers from a cosmetic surgeon. All these places want your money and the celebrity wanna be society we live in, this is the norm, to be perfect, look a certain way but, you could have perfect skin and it makes no different if you aren't over the emotional scars this has caused. I know the feeling. Acne is a nightmare and shameful but, a scar especially bad or obvious depressions in the skin after doing the diets, the working out, and everything seems for nothing. Fillers are temporary solutions to a much bigger problem being the emotional scars and psychological adverse effects it has on the mind, body, and spirit. Fix your spirit, your mind, and if then, you feel the desire to get the fillers, do so but, know none of these alternatives exist without consequences. Even with fillers, there is risks involved like more or worse scarring (unlikely but), the filler moves or shifts or even worse, the filler causes an infection (god forbid). Really think this out.

Its not that bad. I got suggested pdt laser and fillers from a cosmetic surgeon. All these places want your money and the celebrity wanna be society we live in, this is the norm, to be perfect, look a certain way but, you could have perfect skin and it makes no different if you aren't over the emotional scars this has caused. I know the feeling. Acne is a nightmare and shameful but, a scar especially bad or obvious depressions in the skin after doing the diets, the working out, and everything seems for nothing. Fillers are temporary solutions to a much bigger problem being the emotional scars and psychological adverse effects it has on the mind, body, and spirit. Fix your spirit, your mind, and if then, you feel the desire to get the fillers, do so but, know none of these alternatives exist without consequences. Even with fillers, there is risks involved like more or worse scarring (unlikely but), the filler moves or shifts or even worse, the filler causes an infection (god forbid). Really think this out.

Yeah I hear what your talking about man. Scarring has deff brought me some positive things too though. Ever since I have had something like this happen I realize just how F%*$ED up our society really is. I mean HONESTLY. We are flesh n blood. We get cut we scar we have clogged pores, we take craps, and snotty noses etc. In reality, who gives a flippin crap if we have some scars. As men, that just says we have more androgens, rougher skin, etc. I dont wanna be some doll faced sissy but thats what our society says we need to be. The UNited States is turning into the China Cabinet of the world. Porcelien skin is the only skin acceptable. SAY WHAA?? We have become so diverted from reality we are ACTUALLY TRYING to be barbie n ken (LITERALLY).Some of these broads are like half silicone half human. I mean I understand why you wouldnt wanna be obese cause its not healthy. But were talking about a few dings in our mugs people. This shit sometimes just happens by chance. Forgot bp one day, accidentely picked a spot etc. LIke that shouldnt define a life. WTF are we doing to ourselves?? I mean I get it, i want mine fixed too. BUt you know what I REALLY want. I want to live in a world that embraces its humanity rather than rejects it. "Hey you have some scars?" "Me Too","Lets go be human together". Its like we are evolving incorectly. Evolution should be=Happier as time progresses. Rather than Time progresses=more unhappiness. We are growing unhappy because our government is trying to make us that way. You know some of the biggest companies run almost every form of media. They want to make us unhappy so we buy their products. WAKE UP EVERYONE!!! And the worst part of it is......The MotherFu*^#ers that want us to feel bad are the same pieces of shit that are pumping our cows with hormones n milk, making all the junk processed food, and lacing our water with flouride, and trying to trick us into products that dont work. NO WONDER? This is a conspiracy beyond conspiracy. We either CHANGE or destroy ourselves.

Were not even allowed to have wrinkels anymore as we AGE?? Its called the carbon cycle dumb mother fuc%^rs.

Yeah I hear what your talking about man. Scarring has deff brought me some positive things too though. Ever since I have had something like this happen I realize just how F%*$ED up our society really is. I mean HONESTLY. We are flesh n blood. We get cut we scar we have clogged pores, we take craps, and snotty noses etc. In reality, who gives a flippin crap if we have some scars. As men, that just says we have more androgens, rougher skin, etc. I dont wanna be some doll faced sissy but thats what our society says we need to be. The UNited States is turning into the China Cabinet of the world. Porcelien skin is the only skin acceptable. SAY WHAA?? We have become so diverted from reality we are ACTUALLY TRYING to be barbie n ken (LITERALLY).Some of these broads are like half silicone half human. I mean I understand why you wouldnt wanna be obese cause its not healthy. But were talking about a few dings in our mugs people. This shit sometimes just happens by chance. Forgot bp one day, accidentely picked a spot etc. LIke that shouldnt define a life. WTF are we doing to ourselves?? I mean I get it, i want mine fixed too. BUt you know what I REALLY want. I want to live in a world that embraces its humanity rather than rejects it. "Hey you have some scars?" "Me Too","Lets go be human together". Its like we are evolving incorectly. Evolution should be=Happier as time progresses. Rather than Time progresses=more unhappiness. We are growing unhappy because our government is trying to make us that way. You know some of the biggest companies run almost every form of media. They want to make us unhappy so we buy their products. WAKE UP EVERYONE!!! And the worst part of it is......The MotherFu*^#ers that want us to feel bad are the same pieces of shit that are pumping our cows with hormones n milk, making all the junk processed food, and lacing our water with flouride, and trying to trick us into products that dont work. NO WONDER? This is a conspiracy beyond conspiracy. We either CHANGE or destroy ourselves.

Were not even allowed to have wrinkels anymore as we AGE?? Its called the carbon cycle dumb mother fuc%^rs.

It is hard man. I am in my 20s. I watched my life get shitty, depressed cause of acne then, seeing skin damage, then losing my sister and dad. All faith in god and everything has been put to question. I am angry. I have moments where I can accept the things that are but, it pisses me off so much. I am trying to be a positive around here cause of how negative it is and can be. I thought about fillers and treatments but, basically, more damage is needed to be done in order to "fix" something which makes zero sense. I admired a lot of guys who workout and stuff like Arnold. God help me if I ever touched steroids. I would be a fucking monster. I would alter my testosterone level and elevate it a unnatural level. My own body barely handles how I am now.

It is interesting you speak about change or destroy ourselves. Have you understood the way our skin is? Part of a scar is the body healing itself so in a sense, we are destroying ourselves with acne and trying to heal again. It is crazy cause, I have given up so much from foods, diets, supplements, all sorts of medications, thousands on organics and natural pathic doctors, and my dad always said, to imagine how much worse it could be if I didn't care? I see some photos of scars and man, I don't know how some people are so mentally strong.

Some of you guys are so brave.

It is hard man. I am in my 20s. I watched my life get shitty, depressed cause of acne then, seeing skin damage, then losing my sister and dad. All faith in god and everything has been put to question. I am angry. I have moments where I can accept the things that are but, it pisses me off so much. I am trying to be a positive around here cause of how negative it is and can be. I thought about fillers and treatments but, basically, more damage is needed to be done in order to "fix" something which makes zero sense. I admired a lot of guys who workout and stuff like Arnold. God help me if I ever touched steroids. I would be a fucking monster. I would alter my testosterone level and elevate it a unnatural level. My own body barely handles how I am now.

It is interesting you speak about change or destroy ourselves. Have you understood the way our skin is? Part of a scar is the body healing itself so in a sense, we are destroying ourselves with acne and trying to heal again. It is crazy cause, I have given up so much from foods, diets, supplements, all sorts of medications, thousands on organics and natural pathic doctors, and my dad always said, to imagine how much worse it could be if I didn't care? I see some photos of scars and man, I don't know how some people are so mentally strong.

Some of you guys are so brave.

Im sorry to hear about your family loss. I too agree that some people have very bad scarring and can get along just fine. Let me speak from experience, i understand how tramatic life circumstances can leave a mental imprint into your mind.I had alot of trouble with my skin along the same time that my Dad left, my mom had a stroke and I lost my home and most of my friends. I also believe that if something as acne scarring occurs during one of these times our subconcious mind can project feelings unto our scars. That is the nature of scars. When you see a scar theres a story behind it. But you see, all is not lost my friend. Scars dont define crap. You will feel better about yourself in no time even if you dont fix em. You will find love. Everything will be just fine. In my circumstance, I feel that God is showing me that my lifestlye of trying to "fit in" and look a certain way is completely futile. Building a mountain of dirt if you will. We can spend our days worrying about our apearance, but remember our days are numbered. 250,000 people died in the Haiti disaster. Just think of how much you value your one life just 1. Remember, life does damage. As long as life exists, their will be disease, heartache, suffering. The fact that your still here means you have a devine purpose. Stop looking towards the media's projections of what is appropriate. You wont find happyness or love their anyways. And remember, acne scar treatments are not the devil. I hear of soo many stories of people who can improve their scarring to where it doesnt bother them. Look at Matt. God turns all bad things that happen into good things for those who love him.. And remember, I understand in a way how you feel. My advice is give yourself time to breath, youve been through alot. Eyes can be decieving. It doesnt seem like it but they can. Your mind might be projecting feelings unto the scars that your not aware of. Almost like a way to personify feelings of hurt unto something. Thats what happened to me. The mind is tricky and you learn new things about yourself every day. If you need to ask me questions PM me. I might be able to give you tips on how to increase skin health, be happier, and search for meaning.

I just watched entourage and well, everyone on their is attractive. I was shocked to see David Swimmer on the show and noticed, he had acne scars or scarring. It makes me realize that, none of these people are perfect like they try to pretend to be or make them look that way. Yeah, its not perfect but, it could be much worse.