Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

DAN's HUGE ERROR

DAN's huge error is comparing BP to SA

SA does not kill p.acnes or reduce sebum production

BP can only be compared to Azeliac acid for similiar functionality

SA is used to slough dead skin cells.

and I would prefer to use azeliac acid (finevin cream or skinoren) instead of BP as it may be less irritating

DAN'S WRONG COMPARISON POLL

http://www.acne.org/medications.php?action...nchor=poll#poll

Sooo... Why does SA work then? I thought it goes deep down into your pores and cleans them out plus has an exfoliating effect... Well anyway, SA works for me.

Sooo...  Why does SA work then?  I thought it goes deep down into your pores and cleans them out plus has an exfoliating effect...  Well anyway, SA works for me.

An example of Azeliac acid (finevin cream)substituted for BP with excellent results is in this thread

http://acne.org/gallery/view_photo.php?set...m09&id=DVC00001

and here is Dan's query to the user of Azeliac Acid

DAN's message

where do you buy this acne products cause i never heared or seen products in local stores products like Finevin cream. Please answer THANKS

Sooo...  Why does SA work then?  I thought it goes deep down into your pores and cleans them out plus has an exfoliating effect...  Well anyway, SA works for me.

An example of Azeliac acid (finevin cream)substituted for BP with excellent results is in this thread

http://acne.org/gallery/view_photo.php?set...m09&id=DVC00001

and here is Dan's query to the user of Azeliac Acid

DAN's message

where do you buy this acne products cause i never heared or seen products in local stores products like Finevin cream. Please answer THANKS

Well I guess SA in itself doesnt kill the P.Acne, but it allows oxygen to enter the pores. Thereby killing p.acne because p.acne only survives in anaerobic conditions

Lol people, the true medical use of SA is to break down calluses.So what SA does is melt down a layer of skin and make you believe its "exfoliating" or "clearing out the pores"

Ok, just to clarify. I am asking which medication works better for people. When you go to the pharmacy shelf, you see acne treatments mainly in either salicylic acid form or benzoyl peroxide. I wanted to see what works better for most people.

-Dan

Guest Tracy
DAN's huge error is comparing BP to SA

SA does not kill p.acnes or reduce sebum production

BP can only be compared to Azeliac acid for similiar functionality

SA is used to slough dead skin cells.

and I would prefer to use azeliac acid (finevin cream or skinoren) instead of BP as it may be less irritating

DAN'S WRONG COMPARISON POLL

http://www.acne.org/medications.php?action...nchor=poll#poll

Hey I agree with Tracy, Sa works best for me but only one specific cleanser, it has other stuff in it too. Bp is too drying for me. I feel like a statue. frozen. My brother and friend both swear by bp though. Maybe it's cause I am older (27), but I think Tracy76567 is right, each person is different. Oh I also use differin probably 4 times a week. I stay pretty clear except around my period, a problem for many of us girls. I take my bc pills almost continously to avoid one now though, seems to be helping. I break out also around really stressfull times, like finals week at school. I wish there was something that would really help with those probs.

Dan I think your regime is great. Everyone has his or her own prefrences and I prefer Sa. I like the glow. How old are you if you don't mind me asking. Maybe because of my age I don't have the youthfulness that teens have so that's why I like the SA. I think almost any regime that really has thought and time into it will work. It's just a matter of giving it enough time to work, so many of us give up after 2 months or so, might not be long enough. Didn't take that long for our faces to get bad so make sense it would take a while to get better, no?? Best wishes everyone.

p.s. a lot of time we don't realize how well something works till we stop using it, i have learned that the hard way.

also for me azaelic acid sucks, not the same, not the same at all....

OK first off this thread is weird.

Melbournebloke

The actions of both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are well understood. In fact I think I might have explained them to you in the scarboard. To recap - they do not have the same action...one is a disinfectant and one is an exfoliant. I believe it is entirely appropriate to compare them since they are otc agents available in the treatment of acne. And different stuff works for different people....opinions and reviews are helpful for people making up their mind on what they want to try.

I think a thread title like "Dan's Huge Error" is actually pretty uncool and I feel slightly irked on Dan's behalf - even tho I know he is the kind of guy that won't be.

Not at all Real Angel smile.gif I'm sorry that you thought I might have. I will edit my post so that there can be no confusion.

MelbourneBloke: Thats makes absolutely no sense,our body went weak and we got pimples,why we didnt get a cold or some other form of true infection?.3-4 months ago my body was anything but weak trust me and i still had some of the most humongous cysts ever.Bacteria is everywhere,anytime,but white blood cells fight them only if they get into the bloodstream,its up to you to figure out how bacteria living on our skin get in our bloodstream.

Guest >:(

MelbourneBloke is what we call, an obsessive hypocrite.

MelbourneBloke: Thats makes absolutely no sense,our body went weak and we got pimples,why we didnt get a cold or some other form of true infection?.3-4 months ago my body was anything but weak trust me and i still had some of the most humongous cysts ever.Bacteria is everywhere,anytime,but white blood cells fight them only if they get into the bloodstream,its up to you to figure out how bacteria living on our skin get in our bloodstream.