Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HereComesTheSun:)

18 F Second Course. Let's Get It Crackin'! (Pictures)

May I ask what your hand rash is/was like? Recently a bumpy rash appeared on the back of my hand. It just looks and feels like dry bumpy skin. The derm told me it might be eczema, but I have read that eczema usually is itchy and my hand is not. Just wondering if you had the same thing or something completely different :)

Also, your improvement is looking great!

@White Stang Thank you :) My improvement is a little back and forth right now, but it'll be consistent soon enough!

As for the hand rash: After I noticed it first appearing, I started moisturizing my hands with a shea butter moisturizing lotion and it hasn't returned since. I think the warmer weather now is also helping. It looked like dry, flaky (scab-like) skin on the top of my fist - not a full out connected red area. I had the exact same thing happen when I was on my first course and it subsided then as well, but was worse because it was during the dry winter months. Hopefully that helps - Let me know if you have any other questions!

Doesn't it suck so bad when you think its getting better and then Boom flareup! :bs:

I hope your on the road to recovery from in now. I get the same monthly type of breakouts, frustrating!

I'm having my IB, i just hope it doesn't last for two months like the last time i took accutane. Such is life.

all the best Allison!

JB

@jennyband Ah man yeah, sucks SO bad. I was thinking it would be improvement from then on out, but nope, normal week of complete crap :( It's still definitely going better than with my first course though. Hopefully that's the same case for you too!

Edited by HereComesTheSun:)

Day 47

I'm pretty sure it was the salicylic acid lotion that finally started to irritate my skin. I switched to just aloe and calming serums, and it's finally starting to heal

Photoon2012-03-31at1714.jpg?t=1333233402Photoon2012-03-31at17132.jpg?t=1333233272

still looking pretty good! it doesn't look deep or inflamed. i'm sure the next 8 weeks will clear you up completely!

JB

p.s. i'm five days behind you on my second course. did the derm want you to take a full second dosage or a shorter one? i see mine in May so i'm not sure what's best to push for. i certainly don't want to take a third course!

Edited by jennyband

@jennyband I have no idea what the overall plan is with my course. But if he wants me to take 40mg the whole time, I want to take it for as long as I can so I can just knock it out for good - hopefully. I hope it's getting better for you by now!

It's been 67ish days and my skin is pretty fantastic! I'm getting an active here or there, but they heal really fast and my marks have faded a lot! smile.png

Jeez all these familiar faces. Both good and bad :-/

You look great hun and your attitude is amazing! I'm 8 months post-tane and getting worried because I'm starting to get those *painful* deep cysts again that don't go away forever... it's just frustrating.

It seems like eveyrone I know on accutane went on it a second time. **hmph**

But the good news is people's second courses are seeming to go well :)

@BorntoRun Aw thank you! My second course experience has been so much easier physically and mentally since I know how to prepare myself and what I have to look forward to. I'm sorry to hear it returned for you as well :/ I wish one course would cure it for all of us, but it's not too bad to compromise with two. I hope you decide on something that works for you! Best wishes :)

@katery Thank you! And the best of luck with yours!

hey BorntoRun i know it sucks that we have to do it again, i'm currently in the breakout zone.. i seem to breakout a bunch in deep cysts then VOOM they disappear. well thats what happened last time and so far everything is exactly the same, i'm even breaking out in the same stages in the same parts of my face like last time. weird. Only difference is this time its more on my neck and less on my cheeks. WTF ACNE! i know i won't clear at all until week 10.

herecomesthesun:) i'm so glad to hear is working so well for you. :) Lets NOT do it a third time.

JB