Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Green_Vegetable_Man

BROAD SPECTRUM TREATMENT

I used BP for a month. Maybe this brought the acne under control.

I was mostly left with blocked pores - blackheads.

Now I have switched to SA and it is doing a good job in smoothing my skin texture and getting rid of the blackheads. SA sloughs dead skin cells but does not kill p.acnes

I use over the counter SA formulations clearasil and zit zapper with SA and GA. Percentage of SA not indicated on packing.

My conclusion:

TO EFFECTIVELY CONTROL ACNE AND SCARRING YOU MUST RESORT TO BROAD SPECTRUM TREATMENT.

1. A Regimen of BP or AZELIAC ACID -WHICHEVER YOUR SKIN CAN TOLERATE BETTER or twice a day alternate between BP and DIFFERIN for at least a month

and once under control followed by

2. A Regimen of (SA + GA + WITCH HAZEL EXTRACT) OR (SA + SULPHUR)

This will ensure smooth skin and no scarring

SA + SULPHUR

http://911skin.com/original-drying-lotion-by-d-arcy.html

Acne Treatment-D’Arcy-salicylic acid & sulfur is only available through skin care professionals. The Original Drying Lotion will improve pimples overnight establishing its reputation as a “quick fix�. Combing natural drying ingredients with antiseptic and clearing properties to accelerate the healing process of acne break outs. Salicylic acid and sulfur are keratolytic agents loosening or dissolving dead cells clogging the follicle. Camphor known for its antiseptic qualities is readily absorbed through the skin. Zinc oxide is an antiseptic with an extra known benefit to promote healing. Sulfur reinforces the acne treatment with its bacteria fighting properties. All combine to reduce pimples overnight.

Benefits

Starts working immediately will help reduce the size of a blemish overnight.

All natural ingredients, hypo allergenic, non-irritating.

Recommended by skin care professionals and dermatologists.

Directions

Do not shake bottle.

Dip a clean unused cotton swab (Q-tip) into the sediment at the bottom of the Acne Treatment-D’Arcy-salicylic acid & sulfur bottle.

Apply to blemish or pimple.

Do not double dip into the bottle with a used cotton swab (Q-tip). Use a clean swab each time.

Leave on overnight.

Apply at the first sight of a blemish to keep it from erupting.

Replace the cap after each use to keep the product fresh and increase self life.

Acne Treatment-D’Arcy-salicylic acid & sulfur active ingredients

Salicylic acid 2% Other ingredients

water, isopropyl alcohol, sulfur, zinc oxide, camphor, iron oxides, aluminum magnesium silicate (filler)

SA sloughs dead skin cells but does not kill p.acnes

Hi, I'm not sure where you heard that but I do not believe that salicylic acid does not kill p.acnes. In fact I don't see how any bacteria could survive any acid.

MelbourneBloke, if you keep making new posts all the time nobody will be able to follow the conversation, know what I mean? I can't follow all of this jibber jabber anyway.

And now for the obligatory too much info segment:

Azelaic acid (Azelex) is a dicarboxylic acid that possesses bacteriostatic properties and is structurally unrelated to any of the conventional acne therapies. In a single-blind trial of 309 patients comparing 20% AZA with 5% benzoyl peroxide and placebo, AZA yielded a significant decrease in papulo-pustular lesion counts by 35% compared with placebo. There was equivalent efficacy between AZA and benzoyl peroxide (SOR: cool.gif. (16) Patients tolerated AZA better than benzoyl peroxide, with 9% of AZA recipients reporting a burning sensation that subsided after 2 weeks, and 15% of the benzoyl peroxide group reporting local side effects. In another controlled comparison, 20% AZA cream used twice daily for 5 to 6 months was comparable in efficacy to 0.05% tretinoin cream for patients with comedonal acne but statistically more effective in reducing the number of papules (SOR: cool.gif. (17) Tretinoin caused significantly more erythema and scaling than did AZA.