Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I dont believe it. i saw this girl during the last school year and happened to notice that she had some acne scarring. Her acne scarring then, is very similar to mine now. And just the other day, i passed her in the hallway, and guess what?.... She had beautiful skin! it was so smooth and clear, except for one tiny scar that was barely noticeable. She had gone from acne scarred skin, and i mean indented, to a beautiful smooth complexion in such short time!!! what is this secret product? what has she been using? oh, i want so badly to go up to her and ask, but when i think about someone doing that to me, i know i would be upset. besides, i think she noticed me looking at her skin and she gave me a bad look. she probably knows what i am thinking since her skin looked like mine less than a year ago. There was another boy who had the same miraculous thing happen to him. he had bad acne all over his cheeks, then they dissapeared and left some scars (again, very similar to mine), and now he is smooth and clear as if nothing happened.

what is it? Is it microdermabrasion? They are indented scars, but very shallow and discolored. and my skin tone is uneven. but what could it possibly be, and why havnt i come across this finding? ... its not fair. do you think it is time that heals?

I'd appreciate any opinions or if you have anything to say, please reply. maybe you could recommend a way of asking these people without them knowing it is me. lol. oh well.

DA

I think, if my skin had become beautiful and smooth and somebody came up to me, I'd be so happy to tell them, because I'd just be so happy in general to finally let my hair fly free.

At least we know that it is possible to regenerate.

Personally, I think it's more about what you put into your body than what you put on it. I need to rebuild collagen from within. I am trying the raw diet...am on Day 3 now. My skin is already smoother. But I'm giving myself a year before I go the plastic surgery route.

Please, take the risk and ask her...do it for all of us.

Maybe you could say 'Your skin is looking amazing. Just so incredible. What's your beauty secret?' and see what she says. If she says 'Blah, blah and blah'...say 'How long have you done that for?' You don't have to mention the scarring.

Maybe you need glasses, or you're high.

Seriously though, if you can't figure out what to ask, ask this when you see her alone in the hallway, verbatim:

Hey, your skin looks really great! (Don't pause here or she might get away, lol) Can I ask your advice on how you got it to look so perfect?

There is not a woman on the planet that won't give it up when they hear a complement like that. I mean give up information you dirty lurkers. She will probably tell you her secret then go away happy, and everybody wins. bb_lol.gif

Like Peabody8 said, don't mention the scarring.

darkangel- i know of a few people that this happened to, and their secret was to do nothing. 2 of the people had really bad rolling scars, an like a year or so later, they were literally all gone.. and both of them did nothing for thier scars. i dont know, but i think it has to do with healing abilities, most everyone i know who had acne scars had theirs go completely, or almost completley away.. and you know the one thing that ties all these people together? not one of them ever took any meds for their acne. no anti biotics, no accutane, nothing. and i honestly think that has something to do with their scars healing so well. my dad and brother both had severe acne, which scarred both of them. neither of them took any meds for the acne, and both have not one scar on thier faces now. i on the other hand, had equally as bad acne, but i took 8 years of anti biotics, and my scars that are about 50% less than my brothers were, are still here, have not gone away much at all. i just think taking meds like anti biotics and stuff effects the way people heal.. especially in my case sad.gif

I dont believe it. i saw this girl during the last school year and happened to notice that she had some acne scarring. Her acne scarring then, is very similar to mine now. And just the other day, i passed her in the hallway, and guess what?.... She had beautiful skin! it was so smooth and clear, except for one tiny scar that was barely noticeable. She had gone from acne scarred skin, and i mean indented, to a beautiful smooth complexion in such short time!!! what is this secret product? what has she been using? oh, i want so badly to go up to her and ask, but when i think about someone doing that to me, i know i would be upset. besides, i think she noticed me looking at her skin and she gave me a bad look. she probably knows what i am thinking since her skin looked like mine less than a year ago. There was another boy who had the same miraculous thing happen to him. he had bad acne all over his cheeks, then they dissapeared and left some scars (again, very similar to mine), and now he is smooth and clear as if nothing happened.

what is it? Is it microdermabrasion? They are indented scars, but very shallow and discolored. and my skin tone is uneven. but what could it possibly be, and why havnt i come across this finding? ... its not fair. do you think it is time that heals?

I'd appreciate any opinions or if you have anything to say, please reply. maybe you could recommend a way of asking these people without them knowing it is me. lol. oh well.

DA

You can't hide acne scars with makeup...unless you really spackle it on there and that would look worse anyway. I've seen a few people with previous bad acne look like they had no trace of it. I have no idea. I'm not going to ask them either. It's just drawing back bad memories i'm sure.

I don't think scarring ever goes away on it own, untreated. Their skin might have cleared up and the redness associated with acne/scars might have gone away giving the appearance that the scarring has disappeared. Perhaps they each had dermabrasion done. In some cases scarring can soften with time, usually as you get much older.

James