Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheKnowing

Vitamin A + Accutane - Is This Too Much?

I'm about to start a new program at the gym and will be taking a weight gain supplement which contains 500IU of vitamin A per serving meant to be taken three times a day.

I have an appointment with the derm in a week would this be too much vitamin A if I was perscribed accutane? If I started taking it now would it affect my blood test results?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Edited by TheKnowing

Don't take vitamin A while on Accutane! The information papers that come with the prescription specifically state not to take vitamin supplements/vitamin A while on Accutane. Your doctor will also advise against it.

I think you should wait at least 1 month after completing treatment - that's how long you have to wait for it to get "out of your system." Ask your doctor to be sure, though. But usually after 1 month, you're allowed to do normal things again.

why do you have to take a weight gainer in the first place? eat some protein and carbs from more micronutrient dense choices, that's all there is in the weight gainer anyway

Edited by breesy