Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DesiAngel

Acne Brings Us Down. But What Makes You Smile?

Honestly, the only thing that can make me completely forget about my depression is a laughing baby.

It makes all the negativities just wipe out of my mind.

But my baby brother grew up, and yeah he still laughs, but now he laughs AT me.

Doesn't really make a smile anymore.

..that little brat.

SO what makes you smile and forget about acne/scar/marks for a while?

Honestly, the only thing that can make me completely forget about my depression is a laughing baby.

Buy a Tickle Me Elmo. I have one, his laughter never fails to make me laugh too! biggrin.png

My cat makes me smile. I'm sure he wouldn't care how I looked or how I felt about myself or whatever. Aside from him, there doesn't seem to be much that makes me smile these days. I need to do something about that...

Mushrooms always make me happy, put me in the best mood. Hours of non-stop laughter! They also help me meditate and find my inner self, I believe they have helped me with my battle with acne. You learn alot while on psychedelics, My use of psychedelics brought me to the conclustion that 90% of people in this world are just artificial and fake and I dont care what they have to think, judge by what you look like and not who you are. And I kinda just learned to block out what any of them think or say or about me, cause this is who I am and I cant change it.

So not only do shrooms make me happy while im on them but they have also made me a happier person overall.

It makes all the negativities just wipe out of my mind.

But my baby brother grew up, and yeah he still laughs, but now he laughs AT me.

Doesn't really make a smile anymore.

..that little brat.

SO what makes you smile and forget about acne/scar/marks for a while?

Babies also make me laugh. I always like seeing them in public looking completely dumbfounded. Life newbs....

Cleaning, doing chores, making to-do lists, showering + grooming perks me up, like a refresher. Makes me feel like I can handle the next day and tackle it better (assuming I had a lousy day beforehand).

This is going to sound silly. When I successfully keep myself busy (and get into the flow of work with good concentration), I smile at the end of my work.

I used have cats but I had to put them up for adoption (expensive to keep on a student budget) :(

the look on my dog's face when I say "squirrel"

the feeling of accomplishment after trying something new and succeeding at it

having the sun be out (a rarity out here in the cave aka seattle)

hanging out with good friends.

jumping out of airplanes with good friends!

girls!

seeing other people be happy! smiles are contagious :)

dave chappelle

My faith, my boyfriend, random people smiling, taking a stroll in nature, a good book, a happy song, randomly dancing, hugs/cuddles/kisses, traveling, wearing my pajamas...

...a lot of things make me smile. =P

My crazy family

My friends

cooking for loved ones :)

My boyfriend

Watching Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob and Tom & Jerry. (ik they're stupid but it makes me laugh really good)

My Ipod games (ik. this is crazy)

dancing and singing my heart out

A heartfelt book

watching cooking shows (TLC)

watching Joseph Vincent in youtube

I'm always a happy person and I smile a lot even if my skin is bad, but I do look down or don't make eye contact at all. But I still look happy.

I was never told before, "Are you OK?" I never look sad, etc. Eating healthy made me even more happier.

My husband, my family, my dog, my parrot.

TV shows I like, films etc...a nice sunny day, pretty clothes and make up. Feeling good. Horse riding or just being near horses and animals. Sleeping late...lots of other things.

Playing musical instruments because when I need to blow off some steam i'll play drums. Playing guitar and bass helps me express my emotions through sound. When i need a laugh i'll watch something funny on youtube or watch a funny show I like. I'll watch a badass movie if I need an escape from reality. If I need to comtemplate i'll take a walk or go to a park especially if the weather's nice.

i like answering this question bc i've answered this a lot. lol. nice to take the mind of acne.

OP, that is really adorable. a laughing baby..def hard not to smile when you see that. proud.gif

baking, going to the bookstore, meeting someone who you think you'll have a future with, candid conversations, when you feel like you have a few hrs to do absolutely nothing, watching a movie that makes you want to be a better person.