Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

Should I Use Proactiv Again?=\

I stopped using proactiv like 2 months ago and this past day, I am breaking out pretty bad with small zits. It forms really quickly..

This is happen at one side.. I don't know why.. I am breaking out at the right ride above my chin, near my lips... It is awful.

I didn't change my diet, etc.. I am not sure if I should go back to proactiv .. I think it is worse than before... at least I don't get big zits.. but having a lot of small one almost together can be ugly. :\

Nvm.. I guess I will just let it all out.. maybe it is almost over.. my Dad, grandpa, etc.. stopped getting acne at age into their 20's. I'm 25 and I've been using proactiv for years on and off.. wow.. I've been using it for 6-7 years. I hope this is sign not to get zits anymore.. >_>;; because really, I'm a vegan who eats mostly raw food (96%) and I exercise everyday... ;\ Also, not sure if I am breaking out because I stopped using BP like 2 months ago. Well, I used just the repairing lotion on my zits. I will just use aloe vera on my acne in the morning and leave it on.. then before I go to bed, I will wash my face with Dr.Bronner soap and then apply Aloe vera on my entire face. Also, it is winter which I notice I do break out more in the winter-=\

I rather break out with lots of small zits than using proactiv... screw that. smile.png

Edited by EddieE

Yo dude, we are on the same bought.

Here is my story.

I used to use proactive, and my acnes disappeared. I only had acnes around my forehead back then. Proactive cleared me up in like a week. then later I started getting cystic acnes around my nose. I would then use proactive which had no effect so I moved to Salilyc acid treatments. Not sure if they really did any help.

Later I started breaking out around my cheeks and between eyebrows. This might be because I have been putting BP and Sal acid there, it might have irritated them.

Now I feel awful about my skin. It isn't entirely bad but it makes my face look all red which I think is worse than having few bumps. I was sticking to only natural regimen, stopped masturbating, no diary for like 2 weeks. INfact my acne got worse. God... I don't know what todo. I am now sticking back to Sa and see what happens.

I have used Proactive before and did not see great results from it.

I'm using straight SA right now and I think it will work because I have blocked pores.

Yo dude, we are on the same bought.

Here is my story.

I used to use proactive, and my acnes disappeared. I only had acnes around my forehead back then. Proactive cleared me up in like a week. then later I started getting cystic acnes around my nose. I would then use proactive which had no effect so I moved to Salilyc acid treatments. Not sure if they really did any help.

Later I started breaking out around my cheeks and between eyebrows. This might be because I have been putting BP and Sal acid there, it might have irritated them.

Now I feel awful about my skin. It isn't entirely bad but it makes my face look all red which I think is worse than having few bumps. I was sticking to only natural regimen, stopped masturbating, no diary for like 2 weeks. INfact my acne got worse. God... I don't know what todo. I am now sticking back to Sa and see what happens.

When I masturbate, I do break out with small zits around mouth (usually like 2-3). Always the same area... I know this is weird to talk about masturbation, but I don't do it anymore for a while.. anyways, I did masturbated 3 days straight, but didn't ejaculate. I thought if I ejaculate, hormones would go crazy. or w.e... I guess that wasn't good!! I didn't change diet, etc.. and I stopped using proactiv 2 months ago.. I don't think I got zits 'cause i stopped using BP.. that was 2 months ago. smile.png I think it was either masturbate or sleeping habits 'cause I changed shift and so I sleep at a different time and much less.. like 5-6 hours.

This time, I am breaking out with tiny bumps, very noticeable if the light is close to me.. I have to look down in stores so people won't see it.

All this bumps are together.. it keeps spreading. I get new zits every day instead of once or twice a week. I hope it is a sign that I'm not getting zits anymore after all this break out, but I doubt... I just don't understand.. I eat so healthy. My sisters and bro don't have zits at all and they eat everything. It is what ever.. I'm just gonna move on and focus on my career. I need to stop thinking about skin problems.. it is normal I guess. :\

Plus I have no friends anyways, and my skin was great for a year until now.. so what's the point having clear skin. smile.png I know some day this will stop and I am sure my skin will look great and smooth due to eating healthy and applying aloe vera on my skin. I am patient. :)

Edited by EddieE

@EddieE

(I'm not calling you out, I am legitimately asking) Do you know what the hormone lvl changes would be combared to sex vs. working out? I like to lift weights and stuff, and was wondering if the two were comparable? (Honestly, if acne is caused by sex and weight lifting...I'll just have acne)

@EddieE

(I'm not calling you out, I am legitimately asking) Do you know what the hormone lvl changes would be combared to sex vs. working out? I like to lift weights and stuff, and was wondering if the two were comparable? (Honestly, if acne is caused by sex and weight lifting...I'll just have acne)

I lift weights. I am sure it doesn't give you zits. For some people, masturbating/sex can give them zits, and I am one of them. ;\

Yea, its like you try everything like eating healthy diets, doing natural regimens and no masturbation. Still zits form.

It drives me insane sometimes.

Yea, its like you try everything like eating healthy diets, doing natural regimens and no masturbation. Still zits form.

It drives me insane sometimes.

Yeah! lol. I will stay this way. I am sure my skin will calm soon. I think I got like 2-3 new little zits today. I'm only going to use dr. Bronner soap and then apply aloe vera on the affected area, it help reduce redness. I will wait another week.. if I still break out with small zits I am going to use the 3 step system proactiv again.. I have no choice!!

Edited by EddieE

I actually have a cousin who lives in asia. There he eats a lot of animal fat, oily food an, i mostly milk everyday as a drink. Yet he never had any oily skin problems throughout his puberty. His skin is always dry, like dry in a good way. The diet there isn't always good but still their skin isn't bad.

So based on those, I don't think diet entirely affects acne. It could be really just genetic. Its not like everyones sebum levels always the same.

I am so pissed off about how oily my skin is.

I actually have a cousin who lives in asia. There he eats a lot of animal fat, oily food an, i mostly milk everyday as a drink. Yet he never had any oily skin problems throughout his puberty. His skin is always dry, like dry in a good way. The diet there isn't always good but still their skin isn't bad.

So based on those, I don't think diet entirely affects acne. It could be really just genetic. Its not like everyones sebum levels always the same.

I agreed! But a good diet can help. Also, being healthy is good for other things that's why I'm a vegan who eats mostly raw. Yeah, it is genetic, 'cause my Dad had bad acne before and so my grandpa, aunt, etc. My skin could have been worse.

My skin is getting better... I think it is finally calmed after all this breakout of small zits. It got dry so fast!! Thanks to Aloe vera biggrin.png I also love Dr. Bronner soap! My skin feels nice. What I did was play games all day! It helped me not to think about zits. I find that stress causes me to break out. Starting tomorrow, I am going back to the gym.

Edited by EddieE

I agreed! But a good diet can help. Also, being healthy is good for other things that's why I'm a vegan who eats mostly raw. Yeah, it is genetic, 'cause my Dad had bad acne before and so my grandpa, aunt, etc. My skin could have been worse.

My skin is getting better... I think it is finally calmed after all this breakout of small zits. It got dry so fast!! Thanks to Aloe vera biggrin.png I also love Dr. Bronner soap! My skin feels nice. What I did was play games all day! It helped me not to think about zits. I find that stress causes me to break out. Starting tomorrow, I am going back to the gym.

I think its just that everyones skin is different. When I started applying Tea Tree oil, my skin would sting a bit and that could be what caused me to have more acne.

So is lemon, it would sting and because my skin is asian and sensitive, it would turn red and break out. Most asians are said to be allergic to Tea Tree oil for some reason.

I am just going to go completely natural and wash my face twice a day and only apply aloe vera juice. I also use a mixture of aloe vera juice and bottled water to rinse my face then apply aloe vera juice as a toner. Then I'll probably get the gel one.

My skin is getting better... I think it is finally calmed after all this breakout of small zits. It got dry so fast!! Thanks to Aloe vera biggrin.png I also love Dr. Bronner soap! My skin feels nice. What I did was play games all day! It helped me not to think about zits. I find that stress causes me to break out. Starting tomorrow, I am going back to the gym. My skin feels so nice. I am thinking of applying apple cider vinegar just on zits and see what it does. I do still break out occasionally.. I don't know when it will be over!! :(

I think its just that everyones skin is different. When I started applying Tea Tree oil, my skin would sting a bit and that could be what caused me to have more acne.

So is lemon, it would sting and because my skin is asian and sensitive, it would turn red and break out. Most asians are said to be allergic to Tea Tree oil for some reason.

I am just going to go completely natural and wash my face twice a day and only apply aloe vera juice. I also use a mixture of aloe vera juice and bottled water to rinse my face then apply aloe vera juice as a toner. Then I'll probably get the gel one.

Just apply aloe vera!! It's awesome and works!! I'm getting clear so fast and my redness have reduced a lot. Also, it prevent zits from getting bigger. I only broke out with tiny zits and it does dry so fast. I also use Dr.Bronner soap before applying aloe vera. You should check it out!! Dr.bronner soap is awesome. ^^

Edited by EddieE

I thought I should keep you guys updated, but when I created this post, my skin was pretty bad. I had lots of zits around mouth. Today, I'm clear around my mouth.. most zits have vanished. My skin feels so smooth.. I broke out with 3-4 zits on forehead and above my nose. I know they will minimize in 2-3 days. That's how fast this aloe vera can heal a zit biggrin.png It isn't too small nor big.. but very noticeable. I also tried not to think about my skin.. I started playing PC games which kept me busy. ^^;;

Edited by EddieE

No! I think it's safe to say that I despise ProActiv after having gone back to it over and over. The first time I bought it (ever) was when I was 12. It worked GREAT, except I noticed my break-outs got worse the more I used it. I stopped, and started again at 15. This time, I couldn't stand using it for ONE WEEK without nasty zits. So, I gave up and tried AGAIN at 16, which was last year. I bought the "biggie" kit which was $100 (fml) and I regret it so much. The only thing I like about ProActiv is the clay mask, which works nicely. ProActiv is really harsh, even for people with moderate skin. I'm a little between sensitive and moderate, and ProActiv KILLS my face. I'm left burning, rashy, red, dry, and scaly. I wear make-up on a daily basis, and ProActiv just makes my skin h u r t to the touch, so bad that it was difficult to apply make-up. Blech! I get the urge to go back to ProActiv every day, but I tell myself not to. I think everyone should stay away from it! I really wish you good luck! I've had somewhat severe acne for almost ten years and it's hereditary. I just want it to disappear, you know?

I agreed!! Stay away from BP! :) I Saw your skin on a picture and it is not that bad!! You should try aloe vera (fresh) twice a day on your skin and see how it goes.

It reduces redness and minimize pimples. Also, it helps against scars from acne. So using aloe vera will prevent your cheek from having scars. Also, eat healthy! lots of vegetables and fruits.