Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DejaVUU

What I Use To Treat My Acne - Aloe Vera

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to take this time to share with you my method of suppressing my mild to moderate acne.

At the moment, I get acne breakouts on my cheeks and under my jaw (yeah...it's weird). A while ago (2-3 months) I began to use Aloe Vera juice on my skin and it has helped a great deal with my acne. It suppreses my acne overnight.

It's great for reducing swelling, redness and healing acne scars.

"What is this Aloe Vera stuff you speak of?"

You may never heard of this before or seen it (and it looks intimidating aswell lol). Aloe Vera is a plant, and it is reknowned for treatment to burns, small cuts and damaged skin.

aloevera.jpg

How to use: (Here's a link I found that described the method of applying the treatment perfectly with pictures)

http://www.health-ga.../aloe-vera.html

I simply cut off a branch / leaf-like 'thing' from the plant and then use a knife to slice the leaf. This should leave you with two smooth surfaces covered with slimy juice. I then simply rub this all over my face using the two halves (one for each side of my face). Be cautious of the spikes that stick out on the side of the leaves (you can cut these off with scissors before you apply).

Usually I do this before bed as it dries pretty quickly.

Where to find:

Fortunately for me, I have an aloe vera plant in my backyard. However, for those that don't, search through your local gardening store/plant and flower nursery and see if they sell aloe vera plants. They can be planted directly into your backyard or left in gardening pots to grow.

Although I don't use it, an alternative for people who can't gain access to an Aloe Vera plant would be to use Aloe Vera creams. With a quick search on Google, I'm sure you will be able to find a place that sells it nearby.

Now obviously, we know that there is no 'cure' to acne, but it can be suppressed and prevented. Aloe Vera has been a great treatment for myself, as it has performed better than Proactiv for me. I can't guarantee it will work as good for you as it did for me, but it has been praised by many worldwide as a fantastic skin treatment, so you should see results.

I hope that you enjoyed my little piece of advice, and it may just work for you. If you are out of options, hopefully it will help you out.

Thank you.

Edited by DejaVUU