Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cooool

My Accutane Experience

Hey,

I'm done with accutane, took my last pill 2 months ago. My treatment was 40mg/day for 4 months. My skin is completly clear, and I haven't had a single pimple for months while I used to get at least 2 new zits everyday and REALLY oily skin, very embarrassing. My back was insane, almost everyday I would have some blood on my shirt :/.

When i first saw my derm they suggested accutane but I got scared and refused, wasting time on treatments like topicals, minocycline, and benzoyl peroxide which may have worked for a bit but never kept on working. My cumulative accutane dosage was low so it may come back, but my derm said if any zits show up I can go back on it.

I'm just really happy now, I'm able to focus on the important things in life now. My social life and mental state is back to where it used to be smile.png and I'm about to begin an extraordinary career, I feel like I've started a whole new life. Please, remember the people posting negative experiences are only a very small group, almost no one who has been successfully treated will come back here (except me tongue.png). I began seeing real results in month 3. My only regret is not taking it sooner...with proper monitoring by a doctor (blood tests etc.) and yourself (mental mood) it is safe, worst case is you will have to halt the treatment. It's important to look at published clinical studies also, none of which have raised alarm for side effects of accutane in humans e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21198520 . Acne had taken a hold of me, and I couldn't take it anymore.

Good luck!

Edited by Cooool

It's way better now, just looks like normal skin like the skin on the back of my hand in terms of oil lol. And it hasn't come back at all (as of yet at least).

Edited by Cooool