Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm curious as to what the popular opinion is to use for on-the-spot needs. I'm scared of BP now because I've read on this site about how it causes red marks for a very long time and even could lead to becoming more permanent...and I'll take a few acne spots over a scar any day. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

If you consider the alternatives, BP is the safest medication for acne. Would you rather have a couple of red marks which will go away soon, or a bunch of zits which can lead to permanent scars? As far as I know, whenever a zit shrinks, it leaves behind a red mark for a while. Regardless of the medication you use.

BP does keep the red marks from healing properly though, because of the way it works. I have a big ugly red mark from a zit I got while I was on Dan's regimen.. about 4-5 months ago.. and it still looks like it did when I first got it. It finally seems to be starting to fade now that Im on a SA regemin though.. SA and GA work better for red marks.