Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BionicBoy

The Best Cleanser For Acne Skin?

Hey all! I'm new to this board! I've been using the Proactiv cleanser for about 6 years now, It's all I've ever known in terms of acne cleansers, same goes with all the Proactiv products. Lately I've been considering making change to see the results so I'm wondering what everyone thinks is the best cleanser out there for acne prone skin that I could try out. I've heard mixed reviews of Cetaphils cleansers. So far my regime is...I cleanse with the proactiv cleanser, then tone, then use their 2.5 BP lotion, then moisturise then lasty use Benzac AC 5% BP as a spot treatment. Any feedback would be great! Thanx!

how is your acne looking? is it under control with the equipement you are using? with all these cleansers listed id state in my 'non professional' opinion that its not. i think you are using way too many harsh chemicals on your skin. but i could be wrong is it working? if so id say keep doing what yourre doing and dont change. sometimes change leads to problems

I agree with the guy above - too harsh on your skin. Most dermatologists recommend Cetaphil. I use the Gentle Moisturising one, it is fantastic! It has made my skin smooth and soft, and it really is gentle.

It doesn't have any ingredients that fight acne, you could use one that does in the morning, and then Cetaphil at night.

how is your acne looking? is it under control with the equipement you are using? with all these cleansers listed id state in my 'non professional' opinion that its not. i think you are using way too many harsh chemicals on your skin. but i could be wrong is it working? if so id say keep doing what yourre doing and dont change. sometimes change leads to problems

Well, it has good days and bad days. I keep it pretty basic...proactiv cleanser, toner, proactiv repair lotion (2.5BP) then moisturiser.

I've decided to change it up though, after much thought, I'm going to wash with a GENTLE cleanser, then tone, then BP (Benzac AC 5%) then moisturiser.

I don't know how much more basic I can keep it, I certainly don't want to just wash my face with just water then moisturiser then go to bed.