Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newuser01

Laser Treatment Or Accutane?

I have been on Accutane now for 4 months. During these 4 months I would have 1 to 2 week stretches where all inflammatory acne was cleared up only to have a breakout shortly after that would last approx. a week. This pattern has been fairly consistent and repetitive and therefore I am considering stopping accutane. Furthermore the money I would save by not starting a 5th month (approx $500) would be invested into an acne therapy called Acleara. This therapy is supposedly less than a year old and it combines a vacuum with pulses of specially filtered light to help clear pores and treat outbreaks.

If you were I, would you continue the accutane for another month, or save $500 and invest into the new acne therapy called Acleara?

lasers for acne are a waste of money in my opinion. they wont cure acne and they're expensive. just find a good regimen.

lasers should only be considered for scars

I think you should finish your round of Accutane. Acleara is only for mild to moderate acne, so I'm worried it won't work if your acne is more severe.

I went to a cosmetic doctor. They need full honesty when you come about medication taken before and afterward. You cannot use accutane and laser so, a time period after you are done your treatment will be needed. Is it acne or scars or both you are dealing with? I do not think laser will help you? It removes scar tissue but, it possibly makes new scars or worse. There is no way to guarantee success. I saw a video on this forum here about a girl who was burned badly due to incompetency. Look around and into alternative possibilities.

I saw a dermatologist about laser treatment his clinic did for acne around 4 years ago. It was called Nlite. Rather than taking my money and giving me the laser treatment, he advised me to take roaccutane. He told me laser treatment for acne is ineffective. Finish the course, it will be worth it in the end.

Edited by thefloydfan