Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed W. D.

Hydroquinone 2% And Redness From Only One Use?

Hello friends of acne.org!

Well, the title basically explains my situation. So I had some minor brown marks and small red marks from post acne occurences. Anyhow, I decided to try some Hydroquinone 2% from the brand Acne Free to combat these marks.

So, I applied quite a bit of this cream onto the areas where I had my marks and left it on for overnight. Once I woke up, I took a shower, got dressed, and looked in the mirror. I just said, "Hot damn..."

In the areas where I had applied the Hydroquinone cream were extremely red. I mean like they were radiating red, very bright red.

So as of now, I'm just totally clueless as to what in the hell to do. It's been 2 days now and so far, I've been applying a fair amount of amcinonide onto my red areas. For those who do not know what amcinonide is, it's a topical glucocorticoid steroid used to treat itching, redness and swelling associated with several dermatologic conditions such as atopic dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis.

My redness has subsided a bit, however, my areas of affected skin are still pretty red and my brown and red marks look even worse.

Question, will this redness subside? What can I do? Anyone else have personal experiences with something like this?

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks!

u probly put too much if u were really red. i get red if i apply during the day, so i just apply at night.

its normal to get some redness when u first apply tho