Notifications
Clear all

Almost Six Years Post-Accutane...

MemberMember
(@tennesseegrl)

Posted : 01/25/2012 10:45 am

Hi all,

Long time no see! I haven't been on here in a while because my acne is completely gone, and life just happened - I haven't had a chance to log in. I'm going to try to be better so I can answer any questions my fellow acne.org members may have. Please feel free to PM me if you need answers or just encouragement. smile.png

I did my Accutane course from January 2006 - June 2006. I took 40 mg a day. (If you would like to see how bad my skin was before, please check out the link in my signature.) While I had some pretty severe side effects during the course (I actually failed out of school, it was so bad), I have not had any long-term side effects except for some occasional anxiety, which I'm not entirely sure is attributable to Accutane.

My skin is perfectly clear. I have no red marks and no more acne - though I get the occasional zit here and there, surprisingly from lipstick or chapstick, mainly. I do still have relatively dry skin, but no drier than anyone else I've ever met. My skin just went from oily, pre-Accutane skin to dry, post-Accutane skin. I also have an aversion to showering daily because the hot water dries out my skin a little too much. I have a healthy, happy body and I am so glad I took Accutane. I would do it again in a heartbeat - but only if my acne were as bad as it was when I started the course.

You can go here to see my skin today: http://www.acne.org/...-6-years-later/

I am now a licensed, practicing attorney, and happily married to my college sweetheart. Don't let acne slow you down - stay strong, keep trucking, find what works, and chase your dreams. Life is too short to let acne rule your life.

Love and hugs,

Sarah

MemberMember
(@thrillpink)

Posted : 01/25/2012 12:44 pm

I'm so happy it worked for you in the long haul! Your picture link doesn't work, but i'm sure your skin looks great :P

And thanks for letting us know, it's nice to hear some positive experiences :)

MemberMember
(@tennesseegrl)

Posted : 01/25/2012 1:47 pm

Hmm, it worked for me when I clicked the link... it's been shortened so you can't copy and paste - you have to actually click on it. If that doesn't help, you can find my albums - that's what the link goes to. :)

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@savedbygrace1)

Posted : 01/25/2012 2:21 pm

Hmm, it worked for me when I clicked the link... it's been shortened so you can't copy and paste - you have to actually click on it. If that doesn't help, you can find my albums - that's what the link goes to. smile.png

Best of luck!

TennesseeGrl,

thank you so much for checking back in on the boards so long after your Tane! Too often the only Tane users on here are the ones that don't have complete success and are looking for more advice, or round two (much like myself)

I plan to come back to leave posts about my skin post-tane as well!

MemberMember
(@tennesseegrl)

Posted : 12/19/2013 10:25 am

Hi all,

Just popped in as I'm reminiscing on the 8th year-anniversary of the saddest Christmas break I've ever had - when my dad came in and said, "We really need to do something about your face." The links to my old albums are up there so you can see before, but 8 years later, my skin is still looking great and, other than the occasional zit, still no problems. I have Dan's regimen products on hand if I ever need them, but so far so good. Love and hugs to all of you in your acne journey. If you need support or have questions let me know. I'm now about 7-1/2 years acne free. When I look at these pictures I almost can't believe that was me! (Below is a picture of me with my cutie puppy. Still all clear!)

Sarah

1454619_10101211090337229_957319914_n.jp