Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trieditall

Anyone have experience with Fat Injection?

My derm has done 7 punch excisions, with which I am very happy. biggrin.gif At this time, I have asked him about subcision for what I thought were rolling scars. He tells me he thinks I don't need subcision but I need filler. He suggested fat injections rather than Restylane. I have read that approx. 30% is left after reasorbtion. But that you can count on some percentage to be permanent over time. He quoted me $1200 for two syringes of Restylane (which he thought I would need) or $1250 for one treatment of fat injection. He said the next treatment would be the same price because he does not recommend using the original harvested fat a second time around. Does anyone have experience with fat injections they would share? Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, Oldguy, I am curious if your doc discussed fat injections with you as an alternative to Restylane? If so, why did you decide on Restylane?

P.S. Oldguy, I just went back to your original thread to refresh my memory on your Restylane expericene and saw your comments regarding fat injections. Odd, my doc gave me about the same price for both procedures. I know there is a lot of varriation of pricing out there. I suspect my doc is on the high side, but it's not like I have people knocking down my door to do procedures. I'd rather overpay--to an extent--than go cheap and regret it. (Also, I just have to tell you Oldguy, I love your comment about the governor's retarded brother...LOL!!!) I thought all of Florida was for Dumbuya. Glad to know there is at least one sane person there.

Best wishes for your Restylane to last a looooonnnggggg time.

Thanks!

Hi, I had consults with 3 plastic surgeons and none wanted to do fat injections. By the way, fat can be frozen and reused for up to 10 years. I just saw a tv show where they harvested loads and froze it. Also I saw strings of fat harvested totally intact and implanted still alive. Why in the world would your doc not recommend using the original harvested fat a second time? $1250 and he can't afford a freezer? mad.gif Also keep in mind that there is no such thing as a single fat injection, since lots of it is quickly reabsorbed by the body, and fat transfer uses a larger guage needle than most fillers. Fat is old news - imho if docs don't do the technique right they need to just bloody get over it.

my doc said he didn't feel comfortable using previously harvested fat because of the remote possibility that there might have been an undedected power failure or other problem that might cause the frozen fat to become contaminated. I feel the chances of this are remote but he certainly has the perigotive to decide if this is a chance he is willing to take. (As long as he lets me know ahead of time.) I can use this information in my decision as to whether I wish to have the procedure with him or someone who is willing to use frozen-previously harvested fat. I live in the Memphis, TN area and I'm not sure how many docs are currently using the fat injection procedure here and how experienced they are. That is always the problem, it is all sort of a crap shoot, cross your fingers, knock on wood, I hope I don't regret this. In reality, we can always say it wasn't a life or death situation, I chose this out of vanity so we don't want to get ourselves into a worse place. I'm just as vain as anyone here so don't think I am calling names. I wish us all beauty (and confidence).

To wantperfectskin, I have experienced stress before and know that is no way to lose weight. I wish you a peaceful existence. If I could donate fat to you, (if we were compatible) I would be SO willing. My wish for you--Good Fortunate!

wantperfectskin, fat usually doesn't last very long, and fat transfer uses a larger guage needle than most fillers. The main reason, I would think, is that it's unpredictable. The human face is an object that very few sculptures can duplicate. If you were one, would you choose to create your masterpiece with ice or clay? If someone asked if you were anorexic, it was probably a jealous woman, or a guy that can't have you. bb_wink.gif All that said, If you have a sunken cheek or other large area fat transfer may be the best choice. Restylane has been used for things like that too though. Either one will work. biggrin.gif

trieditall, Your doctor should get an alarm clock or VCR. I have these amazing devices and when the power goes out they are 100% accurate at telling me it's 12:00, 12:00, 12:00. Undedected power failure my arse. bb_doubt.gif