Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bartek15555

Folliculitis Or Acne? Pictures!

Hi.

Im Bartek (Bart), 21years old, this year 22.

Firstly I'd like to apologise for my English becuase I come from Poland ;P

I have had acne for about 5-6 years. I was on 2 Roaccutane treatments. I had many medications for acne, BP, Epi Duo, Acidum azelaicum, doxycyclinum etc. I tried anti candida diet for a month, nothing changed. I see any diet doesn't work on me

At present I have kind of strange type of acne. It appers on my face, especially on facial hair, chest, hair on my head. Tiny pus-filled spots (pustules) develop at the base of hair. They are sometimes itchy, most around the nose. When my pimples dry up they leave me yeallow little scabs. My face is too much oily.

I think eat healthy: fruit, fish, vegetables, wholemeal bread, drink only water, don't smoke, don't drink.

Right now I take: probiotics, vit. C, B5, fish oil, garlic

I made Helicobacter Pylori test 2 weks ago, it's positive.

What should I do? What should I take to help myself? ;/

Pictures of mine:

Thanks for help :)

Edited by Bartek15555

Hello There!

I think you are doing lot's of really great things for yourself. You do eat healthy and you take great supplements to support health. You might want to try a stronger probiotic with more strains because from what I see it looks like foliculitus. I would try using an anti-bacterial wash of some sort on the affected areas too. You can go to a doctor and get one, use natural tea tree oil, or try anti fungal shampoo's such as head and shoulders or nizoral. This way you are treating the issue internally by taking lot's of good bacteria in the probiotics as well as externally with a topical antifungal approach.

Thanks for replaying ;) so I'll try something what you wrote. I just use head and shoulders every day and it doesn't work. I must buy tea tree oil, maybe would help.

well first off you are very lucky for this to be the only thing you have to worry about! i wish my face was this clear! lol

i was going to say head and shoulders as well. but make sure you dont use this on your face! its not good for the face.

which head and shoulders are you using for your body acne? the only one that is wupposed to work is the "classic clean" version maybe thats why its not working?

good luck!

You can also drink oil of oregano in water or put it on the skin, apple cider vinegar in water or on the skin too. Coconut oil is good to eat or put on the skin as well. Any natural antifungal/antibacterial will probably help. I think you are also supposed to keep the affected area dry because if bacteria and fungus thrive in moist environments.

thanks for advices smile.png so i gotta go to my doctor and just ask about antifungal ointment etc. I found a lot of information about oregano oil and its good effects on skin, I hope pill form of oregano oil would be also helpful.

dreamingofclearskin2011 yes you are right, Im using different "head and shoulders" than "classic clean" so maybe it's a reson why it doesn't help enough. Sometimes I washed my face by shampoo foam, but I'll stop. Use also shampoo foam to clean my body after using shower gel, but I don't know if it's right.

Edited by Bartek15555

Hey! Some input from me as well; I got folliculitis on chest before and my doctor prescribed antibiotics. It cleared me within a week.

He said that no topical is effective for folliculitis and it's common to have a new outbreak.

I see you eat garlic; make sure it's fresh and raw! Raw garlic is a natural antibiotic and it's anti-fungal too.

PS. Keep your skin away from Head and Shoulders!

Greetings from an ex-krakowian!

That's good that you eat healthy!! I'm a vegan who eats 98% raw food. I do get 2-3 zits every 3-4 days, but they disappear in 2 days. I can't seem to have very clear skin on my face.. my back, etc.. is clear. I used to break out on my back. I don't know why I keep getting this zits.. it does bother me because I want nice skin. smile.png:) Keep eating healthy!! I know I will. smile.png

thanks for advices smile.png so i gotta go to my doctor and just ask about antifungal ointment etc. I found a lot of information about oregano oil and its good effects on skin, I hope pill form of oregano oil would be also helpful.

dreamingofclearskin2011 yes you are right, Im using different "head and shoulders" than "classic clean" so maybe it's a reson why it doesn't help enough. Sometimes I washed my face by shampoo foam, but I'll stop. Use also shampoo foam to clean my body after using shower gel, but I don't know if it's right.

Edited by EddieE

Yep, looks like follicolitis. I had a nasty casee of it for quite a while (though never made it to my face, just had the regular acne there). I stopped eating dairy and showered daily with Hibiclens antibacterial soap, and it cleared right up. Occasionally after a dairy binge (say pizza and beer), I'll get some of those nasty tight little pustules around my collar bone and in the middle of my chest. Takes a week or so for it to clear up.

I bought Hibiclens last night at Walgreens. I used it last night and woke up with almost no redness. I'm very impressed. It's strange to see my face look so white, I'm not used to it.

I also used it again in the morning and after I got home from work today and my face already has a huge improvement. Spots are fading fast. Give this stuff a try. I'm hoping I finally found the answer after about 13-14 years of acne and I hope you do too.