Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swj48

About To Try Dans Moisturizer For First Time

Despite the contradicting reviews, I have yet to find a moisturizer that I love, and some people seem to really like dans moisturizer. So I am giving it a shot. Hoping i am one of the people who it works wonders for because I just can't find a good moisturizer that I really like! Things are either too greasy/oily, or they just don't moisturizer well enough and I need tons of jojoba oil which leaves me very shiny looking.

Anything I should know about applying dans moisturizer that may be different from other store bought brands? Do you really need 2 full pumps to get your whole face/neck? Is jojoba oil necessary every time or just at night?

Thanks!

Initial reaction: good enough. Added 4 drops of jojoba and used about a pump and a half. Fine so far but nothing amazing. Will see if I look dried out or moisturized in the morning, then the daytime application which will be the big test. I like how it feels though, and it goes on very smooth which is nice.

I have not tried Dan's new moisturizer, but with regard to the jojoba and getting your skin moisturized, I would suggest layering. I'm assuming Dan's new moisturizer is similar to the original version (which I do have). It is kind of runny and takes a bit to work in. I would use less than a full pump, 1 or 2 drops of jojoba, and work in. Then wait a couple minutes. If you feel you need more, repeat.

I have not tried Dan's new moisturizer, but with regard to the jojoba and getting your skin moisturized, I would suggest layering. I'm assuming Dan's new moisturizer is similar to the original version (which I do have). It is kind of runny and takes a bit to work in. I would use less than a full pump, 1 or 2 drops of jojoba, and work in. Then wait a couple minutes. If you feel you need more, repeat.

Hmm. Ok I will give that a shot as long as it doesnt make the regimen process too much longer. At least in the AM. My problem is in the mornings because I'm a college student and I have a work out class early then hardly any time to get home, shower, get ready and eat and get to my next class lol but thanks for the tips!

One thing I do to cut back on the time waiting for products (since I do like 4 steps pre makeup).

Get out of shower and first thing I use my sal acid toner. Get about halfway dressed. Then use my cranberry/pom gel. Finish getting dressed. Then sunscreen. Comb out my hair and start blow drying my hair. About 2 minutes later I put on my moisturizer. I put the dryer on cool and for a few seconds run the air over my face. Finish blow drying and I'm ready for makeup.

So I just try to throw those steps in between everything else I'm doing.

Well I used it this morning, and so far it is great. Only complaint I have is that my face has been feeling a little sticky. Hopefully that will subside as the day goes on.

I used 2 full pumps and 2 drops of jojoba oil this morning. May try the layering method in the future if I don't like how this works. Also thinking about not using jojoba oil tomorrow morning to see how the moisturizer works by itself. If I can use jojoba just at night that would be ideal, because it makes me pretty shiny looking.

Overall, so far so good. But still, nothing terribly impressive. Moisturizing well with the jojoba though, and I love the texture and how easily it spreads around. If it moisturizes me well without jojoba I will probably stick with this for the foreseeable future.

I like Dan's moisturiser a lot, and previously, I was like you where I haven't been that impressed with any moisturiser in the past. And like Ripon I use the layering effect. I apply 1 pump of moisturiser and rub it in, and then wait 5 mins while I'm eating breakfast or doing other 'getting ready' stuff in the morning and then go back and rub in another pump. I rarely use jojoba oil during the day, I find it stays on top of my skin like an oil slick, unless I'm staying at home and then I occasionally oil slick myself up! :)

I've found the layering effect to take less time than trying to rub in two pumps in one hit. My skin just seems to be able to absorb it faster in stages.

I'll be interested to see what your longer term thoughts are of the moisturiser.

I think dans moisturizer rocks! I've been using it for about 2 months now and its super awesome, doesnt feel greasy and moisturizes nicely. I use 1 1/2 pumps morning and night after the bp.

Anyone else think it kind of smells like a mixture of beer and dirt? Lol kinda funky. Don't smell it after I rub it in but it definitely stinks at first.

lol, my wife tells me that it smells funny all the time, usually right after I apply it. Once it drys though the smell goes away, either way doesnt bother me.

Well today I went with no added jojoba. Worked great. Still felt and looked oily like I did add jojoba though.. Kinda weird but maybe it's just cuz I've been using so much jojoba lately. Will see if that stops in the next few days. I'm gonna go with no jojoba for awhile unless it seems to not be working.

You'll notice the moisturizer has jojoba in it already, so you may be get some shine from that. The smell is the licorice root that he added to help calm the skin. It's in the AHA too. Tweak the amount of moisturizer and jojoba until you like it best.