Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hdb

How Do I Get Semi Permanent Red Hair Dye Out?

I dyed my hair red by mistake, I'm a boy, I do not want red hair. I'm willing to do anything. Please help. I've been washing with dish washer detergent, tried vitamin c once, baking soda a few times, PLEASE HELP!!!

I would just cut it all off, but it's dyed down to the roots. It's only the front. It looks so weird and i don't know how to explain it to my friends lol...

either wait it out or color oops - it will fry your hair though. ApHogee two step from Sally's is a real help. good luck!

hair dye doesn't come out, ever. You either have to grow it out, cut it off or cover it with a darker color or bleach the color out and put more color in.

Best thing to do at this point is to go to a salon and save your hair from any more damage. Red is one of the faster colors in terms of fading but it'll still be seen. If you want your natural hair color back, it's definitely best to just wait to cut it, or cut it now.

^^It's a semi though - in 6-24 washes it should be gone because it doesn't form a protein bond.

I used semi-permanent frequently and it never fully came out after 4+ months. My hair dresser was pretty upset with me about it, for some reason. It'll wash out significantly but not completely. In my experience anyway. So, with really fair hair, it would probably be noticeable. With warm, dark or strawberry blonde hair, it probably wouldn't be

huh, interesting. I've no first-hand knowledge of demi/semi's - only the claims. good to know.

When you say semi-permanant...are you talking about the kind you buy at the drug store, and mix two different things first that usually stinks to high heaven? Or are you talking about vegetable dye (like Manic Panic/Special Effects-stuff you'd buy at say Hot Topic)? If it's the former, Sally Beauty sells a product called ColorFix that works miracles. If it's the latter, I'd suggest a salon. Red/pink veggie dyes that that can pretty much only be dyed over.

Head and shoulders shampoo will make a dent in taking out the colour. I work at a hair salon and all of the colorists told me that they tell people not to use head and shoulders for that specific reason.

Hair tint (for the love of god, stop calling it DYE. We aren't talking about fabrics here.) can be removed with a decolorizer. It's a professional product that smells like rotten eggs. What it does is shrink the color molecules so that it can be washed out. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME. If you fuck it up you'll be in an even worse mess. And even if you do successfully get MOST of the artificial pigment out, you'll need to tone it. Odds are, your hair will be some awful orange brown mess and will need to neutralize it with something green based. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME. If you fuck it up, your hair will look like baby poo. If you decide this is not the route you take (and I advise against it). You could try to bleach it out. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME. If you fuck it up, you will fry your hair off. And if you manage to not burn your hair, you'll be back to the toning dilemma because bleaching artificially red hair will (best case scenario) leave you with banana yellow. Or if you decide bleach isn't for you, you could tint over the red. If I haven't made my point, DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME. If you fuck it up, your hair will turn black, violet, baby poo green, or some combination of those colors. And you will have to call a salon for a color correction, and they WILL charge you an arm and a leg, because they'll have to lift not one, but 2 different box colors.

My advice? Call a QUALIFIED colorist before it gets any worse.