Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teahbaby

What Bc To Take?

So i'm currently not on any form of birth control. I'm going to the doctors within the next week. Anyone know of any birth control that helps hormonal acne?! i'd appreciate it.

im a guy but ive seen on the reviews page that yasmin is good for acne although i havent really looked into it cause i have no need to LOL but you should definately search birth control on the site there are a tone of girls already taking these and have been the ginea pigs to your problems in finding out which one is best haha good luck! i hear bc really does help control hormonal acne for girls... LUCKY

yaz(newer, more expensive, lower dose) , or yazmein(older version, higher dose, not as expensive) are what my dermatologist gave me and it worked

also ortho tri cyclin, or same thing in low dose are supposed to work but have mixed reviews

contrary to what you may think, if affordable, it is best to go with the low version to avoid the bad side effects and works just as well..

*side effects for any b/c and recently especially for yaz are many and are typical, I would look them up, i am not allowed back on them right now due to side effects sad.png, and I would monitor myself for them if I were you.(still less side effects then acutane though)

* oh and give yourself two full cycles to see acne improvement

Edited by travelzd

Yasmin cleared my skin up beautifully. However had to discontinue using it after seven years due to the severe migraine headaches it was giving me. Since stopping Yasmin I haven't had one headche.. but the acne is back. My doctor did recommend trying Yaz instead, but haven't given it a go yet. I am giving my body a break from bc pills, I don't think it's healthy to be on them for a very long time.. ie. the rest of your life.

thanks everyone! unfortunately i have tried yaz before but it was recalled the year i was taking it because of horrible things it was causing internally. i was getting really bad stomach aches while taking it. but i did have clear skin back then compared to what i have now. i'll look into the others though. again thanks!

I don't know if anyone has checked out the pinned aleve topic in adult acne? it is supposed to help with hormonal acne you just take it before or during your period I am trying it now and it seems to be working so check it out... I am not allowed back on yazmein b/c of side effects.maybe ask your doctor?..my acne it maybe 50% hormonal so anything in my signaure may help as an alternative... and I am starting to believe in the milk connection..

Edited by travelzd