Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I know Dan says electric shavers are bad and irritating, but I wanted to share this with guys who are shaving on the regimen...

The Philips norelco aquatec electric shaver is the greatest shave I have ever had! It is not irritating at all, and is extremely smooth and fast to use, while giving the closest shave you will ever have, which makes applying bp and moisturizer after much better! It also does a great job sloughing off dead skin and flakes.

The aquatec technology allows it to be used with shave cream and water, even though it is electric. I think when Dan says don't use electric shavers, he means dry ones, but this is amazing! I use aveeno therapeutic shave gel (non-comedogenic and extremely moisturizing, I love it) with this shaver and love every second of it.

I got this for Christmas so I have been using it every day for about a month and my skin has improved. Less dryness, closer shave which makes it easier to do the regimen afterwards.

You basically use it just like a regular razor. You apply shave cream all over face. Turn it on, rinse it, then go. Rinsing occasionally. It feels amazing. I encourage any guy to try it. Only down side is that it is expensive. Around $80-$150 I think. Don't know for sure. But you only need to replace the blades every couple years so in the end it is probably cheaper than using a regular razor.

Anyway, just wanted to share this because I absolutely love this shaver and will never go back to a regular razor. It is perfect for using while on the regimen. And I highly recommend the aveeno therapeutic shave gel as well!