Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newuser01

Deep Whiteheads Around Nose

I have a pocket of whiteheads on each side of my nose that have not gone away for at least 6 months!

These whiteheads are located just above the crease that is formed when I smile. In fact, when I visited the dermatologist he said that my main acne problem are "deep" whiteheads.

I have been on Accutane for almost 4 months now and while on it, I have been using CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer in the morning and Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer at night.

I recently tried DKR for 6 days but the regimen dried out my face way too much probably due to the combination of an excess of BP and the Accutane.

First of all, does anyone think they know a solution to the whiteheads around my nose?

Secondly, how would I alter DKR in order to maintain skin that is not completely dried out while also not creating a happy environment for whiteheads?

BTW when my face was totally dried out, the whiteheads were still present...

First off, I would definitely say not to use the BP while on Accutane.

Your moisturizer/cleansers may be causing milia. I'm guessing this is what it is since they've been there so long and are not coming out. Milia looks like whiteheads but they are deep and cannot be extracted safely.

I would suggest using AHA (glycolic acid) as a spot treatment only. It takes time but the AHA will bring the milia out and actually dry it up. Spot treat it twice a day and it will take about a month.

I would suggest stopping the use of one of either Cetaphil or CeraVe. Personally I would stop Cetaphil, as I think it contains more cloggers than CeraVe. Why are you using one in the morning and one at night?

Edited by Ripon10