Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faiintx

Just When I Thought It Couldn't Get Any Worse...(Pictures)

So i had a hyperpigmentation on my nose from picking a pimple in November, and it was beginning to FINALLY fade, and i couldn't have been happier. You couldn't even see it in some lighting, and i figured it would probably be gone in a couple of weeks.

but the most stupid thing happened to me yesterday. I was with my friend and she said that she had the exact same thing, and she just "scratched the pigments" off and it worked....I was so dumb to even let her touch my nose. She accidentally scratched TOO Hard, and now part of my hyperpigmentation mark is an open wound (though it's shallow). If you look closely at the picture, you'll see that there's a red bloody fleshy circle. It didn't bleed or anything.

http://i43.tinypic.com/flvmmf.jpg

...now what do i do? I don't want to do anything and just wait for it to heal...but how long will that take?

And I know this sounds kind of dumb, but my birthday is in May, and I want my skin to be clear by then. This, unfortunately, isn't the only problem I'm having with my face, but it's definitely the most noticeable. even my mom noticed yesterday how the mark darkened.

So will this go away in like 4 months? Originally i had a goal of spring break - which is in march. But i might as well throw that out the window.

Edited by faiintx

Wait a few days or a couple weeks to let it fully dry and heal and then start spot treating everyday with sunscreen and hydroquinone or tretinoin cream/gel. Within a month it should definitely be totally even again.