Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geejay1

Cetaphil Lotion

hey

I am wondering why so many posts here say cetaphil breaks them out, even though the website mentions it as non comedogenic?

newbie question sorry!

I don't know. I don't think I would of ever started using it until now that I am on Accutane. Before I would of thought it was too thick for me because my skin was oily. Its great for me now, because I use mineral powder and my skin never looks flakey, it looks healthy. Have you tried it?

its REALLY thick and isnt oil-free. ive tried it and i didnt break out, but it was just too much for my face and made it super oily/greasy. personally i think its better as just a body lotion, which is another thing, the bottle doesnt say its especially for your face.

and i agree with SkyLynn, it seems like it works well on people with super dry skin

Thing is I didn't use to have super dry skin, but I do now (gracias to BP) but I am not going to use BP anymore, so I am not sure if I should go buy Cetaphil if it is worth it for just my recovery phase. The moisturizer I use now is SO BAD for my "while BP" skin, and I am looking to fix it back to the way it was (much better than burned out eye skin).

Any good moisturizer advice? Non comedogenic, gel or liquidy (don't like thick cream that don't move about), quick or average time to dry etc.

Ohhh.. also cetaphil is marked as non comedogenic, but is oily so how does this affect skin oil production and acne?

I've been using this the last week...so far no issues. It does leave my skin looking a bit greasy, so I put a lot on at night, and usually don't have to apply any in the AM. It's working out well.

Jojoba oil is a good moisturizer because it is just like the natural oil you have on your skin. It works really well to get makeup off and sunblock off as long as I finish washing with cetiphil cleanser to get rid of all of it.

I have used cetiphil moisturizer and I have dry skin. It was way too thick and felt sticky and not natural on my skin. It was really uncomfortable. I like moisturizers that go on smooth. This moisturizer made me have to pull at my skin in order to spread it to all areas of my face.

For now I'm sticking with jojoba oil because I know it won't break me out.