Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
limpbizkitfan

Limpbizkitfan's Diet Log And Acne Progress

Ok, I ate wayyy too much raisins today. Once I start eating them I can't stop, so I'm going to limit myself to one handful per day. They seem like they are a health part of a balanced diet but, not in the excess I have been eating them in lol.

So far my diet has pretty much evolved to this:

4 eggs for breakfast

wide variety of fruit throughout the day (Except citrus)

when it gets dark out/later in the day, I cook a wide variety of vegetables

I bake my vegetables in the oven on top of coconut oil and don't add any seasoning

I drink 2-3 liters of water per day and eat small meals throughout the whole day.

I also snack on a mixture of red & green raisins with sunflower seeds that I will limit to one tiny bowl a day.

Edited by limpbizkitfan

Guest Timehealsall

Hi smile.png

I wouldn't have thought that zinc would effect you in a bad way. Its proven very helpful to myself and if I go through a bad period with my skin (like I am now) I jump back on taking zinc and it seems to stop my skin being so inflamed.

But yes, research is very necessary with taking vitamins otherwise you can end up doubling up on un-needed supplements or worse, taking ones that actually make everything worse!

Good luck.

i agree. I took vitamin d and fish oil, and it caused be HUGE papules/pustules on my right cheek. Some of them scarred too.

Ok, I ate wayyy too much raisins today. Once I start eating them I can't stop, so I'm going to limit myself to one handful per day. They seem like they are a health part of a balanced diet but, not in the excess I have been eating them in lol.

4 eggs for breakfast

I bake my vegetables in the oven on top of coconut oil and don't add any seasoning

I drink 2-3 liters of water per day and eat small meals throughout the whole day.

I also snack on a mixture of red & green raisins with sunflower seeds that I will limit to one tiny bowl a day.

just curious, but why not just eat your veggies raw?

Hi smile.png

I wouldn't have thought that zinc would effect you in a bad way. Its proven very helpful to myself and if I go through a bad period with my skin (like I am now) I jump back on taking zinc and it seems to stop my skin being so inflamed.

But yes, research is very necessary with taking vitamins otherwise you can end up doubling up on un-needed supplements or worse, taking ones that actually make everything worse!

Good luck.

i agree. I took vitamin d and fish oil, and it caused be HUGE papules/pustules on my right cheek. Some of them scarred too.

4 eggs for breakfast

just curious, but why not just eat your veggies raw?

Because my jaws are not strong enough to bite through them and it's easier to digest if it is cooked. And it tastes better so I want to eat my veggies all the time.

So today I noticed new small sized breakouts on my back. I have have one new small pimple on my temple and a new one on my chin. I don't know why I am still breaking out if I'm eating healthy.

But, I'm still going to eat healthy and give it 2 months....If eating healthy doesn't work I honestly don't know what I will do.

Today I am going to the pool and will see if the pool water will help my skin, it doesn't hurt to try.

My skin is getting so much worse that im gonna start restricting myself again, I know it's really bad for my health but i just dont want to be home alone anymore doing nothing and wasting away my life. I'd rather have an eating disorder and not have any acne than eat healthy and constantly break out and live my life at home.

I decided to do a water fasting starting tommorrow and after the fast only eat raw salad, fresh fruit, and water with no nuts/seeds.

Just shredded lettuce, shredded carrots, red cabbage, lemon, olive oil, pepper, and avacado like I was doing before. With a small amount of fruit a day (Except citrus).

The water fast starts tommorrow and I will do it for 7 days.

Edited by limpbizkitfan

Hey,

I don't want to be a downer but please be very careful on your restriction diet.

I've had an eating disorder for many years and have eaten similar diets to your planned one, and it can be very dangerous - you are going to experience severe fatigue if you do this for seven days - I've collapsed on similar diets because my body was giving up.

I have read your posts before and that you plan to add in foods to try and isolate what is causing your acne but I am just worried for you and hope that you are careful about making sure you reach the right nutrition levels. Otherwise, you will be doing more harm than good to the rest of your body, irrespective of how it helps your skin.

:)

Hey,

I don't want to be a downer but please be very careful on your restriction diet.

I've had an eating disorder for many years and have eaten similar diets to your planned one, and it can be very dangerous - you are going to experience severe fatigue if you do this for seven days - I've collapsed on similar diets because my body was giving up.

I have read your posts before and that you plan to add in foods to try and isolate what is causing your acne but I am just worried for you and hope that you are careful about making sure you reach the right nutrition levels. Otherwise, you will be doing more harm than good to the rest of your body, irrespective of how it helps your skin.

smile.png

I already know I have an eating disorder, I have extreme anxiety with everything I put into my body. I almost cried when I was at the grocery store in the checkout when I broke down and bought eggs and milk. I don't think that is normal at all.

I tried to water fast and did so until about 5pm when my hunger signals were just so strong, so I ate a banana then I ate some pancakes made with almond milk, eggs, and the bisquick pancake mix powder stuff.

I put organic pure mayple syrup on top.

I don't know what got into me, I just felt like diet wasn't doing anything at all for my skin so I ate this. And for dinner I am thinking about eating microwave meals, maybe a chile lemon soup, or some type of noodles.

I know I'm only temporarily going to eat crap, I can never do this long term it just doesn't feel right. I only do it when I'm feeling super emotional, and yesterday I was feeling super hopeless and upset/angry/mad/sad/lonly/ugly.

So I went to the store to get some microwave meals but they did not at all seem apatizing. So, I decided I wanted a chipotle chicken salad. I guess my taste buds changed to only like fresh tasting stuff...which is true....I love the fresh taste of salad and hate the dirty taste of pizza.

My skin looks really bad. Tommorrow I will start eating only raw vegetbales that I am able to eat raw with my weak jaw and digestable. So, I will eat shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, shredded red cabbage, with lemon, olive oil and pepper and maybe some avocados on top.

I'll just eat that every single day for like 2 months if I can. I know I can't do a water fast (too difficult). But, I'm sure I can eat the same salad every single day.

I also ate nutella tonight, a hazelnut chocolate and some almond milk. I'm totally over junk food right now, it didn't taste that great.

Tommorrow morning I'm going to buy carrots (I ran out) and make a HUGE salad that can last an entire day. I am using avocados ass some extra fat and calories.

I expect my skin to have huge new breakouts all over my face 5 days from now. But, whatever...it should go away in 2 months from eating raw salad every damn day.

In 2 months from now, acne will no longer be a problem of mine and I can move on with my life. Today I feeel hopeful, now that I'm going back onto my restricted diet, it makes me feel safe to restrict myself so much. I feel like I have control over my acne.

In the mean time, I'm gonna practice cool robotic dance moves boogie.gif

Hey,

smile.png

I already know I have an eating disorder, I have extreme anxiety with everything I put into my body. I almost cried when I was at the grocery store in the checkout when I broke down and bought eggs and milk. I don't think that is normal at all.

I tried to water fast and did so until about 5pm when my hunger signals were just so strong, so I ate a banana then I ate some pancakes made with almond milk, eggs, and the bisquick pancake mix powder stuff.

I put organic pure mayple syrup on top.

I don't know what got into me, I just felt like diet wasn't doing anything at all for my skin so I ate this. And for dinner I am thinking about eating microwave meals, maybe a chile lemon soup, or some type of noodles.

I know I'm only temporarily going to eat crap, I can never do this long term it just doesn't feel right. I only do it when I'm feeling super emotional, and yesterday I was feeling super hopeless and upset/angry/mad/sad/lonly/ugly.

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering with an eating disorder - I have had anorexia for seven years, nearing 8, and have been in hospital and had therapy for many years and I am still struggling.

I just worry for you and that this restrictive diet is probably making your body go into shock and possibly making your skin worse.

Please look after yourself.

^^^ I never thought of it that way...since I'm usually only focused on clearing up my skin lol I don't think about how bad my health is getting damaged by it.

But hopefully one day I can find a diet that works for me.

So far i get the feeling that cooked food, raisins, and eggs break me out and that im only able to eat raw fruit n veggies.

It suckss but I have to do what I have to do. Today I ate nutella, coconut cookies, almond milk, and a mexican burrito w/ rice and beans :// During the day i ate my raw salad alll day but hunger struck me and I had an intense desire to eat something that tasted good so i just gave up!!

I am a little upset at myself right now but, I know the past is in the past and I can't change it. I can only change what I will eat tommorrow and the rest of my life. I've been thinking really hard what my "new" diet should be.

I'm not sure if i should cut out fruit or only eat 3 types of vegetables. I'm leaning more towards eating nothing but raw salad and fresh fruit (As much as i want). I am gonna eat apples, papaya, blueberries, limes, lemons, pears, and eat a bucket of salad each day with lots of water. OR I could eat just the bucket filled of raw salad and no fruit. I'm still not sure. But, one thing I know I need to do is eat a low GI, anti-inflammatory, low GL, and raw. And I'm going to cut out all the things that are known acne triggers or that people have reported causes them acne just to be sure this diet will work.

I feel like I'm ready for a change though and that I am ready to get clear. It's hard to get back on the bandwagon though since I just got high off of eating junk. It's gonna be heard to restrict myself. I have to just fight the urges and tell myself to keep going......

~ Will be continued.... ~

I know that you are young and its difficult to think about future complications but that is exactly the way I felt years ago.

And now, due to poor nutrition and not ensuring that I got enough protein and calcium, I am 25 years old and I have osteoporosis in my spine, my hips and knees.

You don't have to eat dairy (I'm a vegan!) but make sure you take calcium and vitamin D supplements and try maybe fortified soya milk to try and get some more calcium into your diet. Or research into vegetables that have high calcium content : collard, kale, turnip greens, garlic, rocket, broccoli, mustard greens, sun dried tomato, spinach and okra.

Look after yourself :)

I know that you are young and its difficult to think about future complications but that is exactly the way I felt years ago.

And now, due to poor nutrition and not ensuring that I got enough protein and calcium, I am 25 years old and I have osteoporosis in my spine, my hips and knees.

You don't have to eat dairy (I'm a vegan!) but make sure you take calcium and vitamin D supplements and try maybe fortified soya milk to try and get some more calcium into your diet. Or research into vegetables that have high calcium content : collard, kale, turnip greens, garlic, rocket, broccoli, mustard greens, sun dried tomato, spinach and okra.

Look after yourself smile.png

Thank you, I have decided that my diet is too restrictive. I changed my mind and decided to try and clear my acne with topicals and eat overall a balanced diet. I noticed I have memory loss, and loss of appetite/taste already. And I have depression, and feel dizzy if i workout, and when i stand up i blackout a lil. So I know I am missing out on vitamins and starving my body of nutrition.

I decided to change my way of eating and eat overall healthy. I have almond milk that has added vitamins and minerals so I will drink that. And im gonna start eating bread, cheese, yogurt, beans, and a wide variety of food that has nutrients in it. But definately NOT any junk food. I'm just going to try and clear my acne with topicals....

Edited by limpbizkitfan

So I have been dieting for a while and my acne is just getting worse. I have been eating only non-starchy, non-midnight shade, non-root vegetables and fruit. I cut out milk, dairy, grains, wheat, soy, citris fruit, tangerines, oranges, super sweet fruit, starchy vegetables, beans, legumes, root vegetables, midnight shade vegetables, salt, sea salt, spices, vinegar, fermented vegetables, corn, eggs, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, junk, fruit juice, and i only drink water.

If I don't see any improvement by Febuary, I'm just going to starve myself for a week and only drink water, cuzz idk what is causing my breakouts.

I'm also not letting my skin touch water bc of how extremely dry it is, and i don't put anything on it.

So today I ate raw vegetables for breakfast but, felt like I was gonna puke it tastes soooo bitter, so I steamed them. I steamed brocolli, asparugus, and ate raw dark leafy green vegetables. It still tasted nasty so I just forced myself to eat it. Then I felt so sick from the vegetables that I ate a banana, and that made me feel a lot better. Then I ate some grapes, and baked a banana squash with coconut oil. Then, I read online squash is starchy so I only ate a few bites of it and threw it away.

I drink about 3 liters of water a day also.

I have pimples all over my face, my upper back, middle of my back, arms, shoulders, butt, legs, and chest. I also have really tiny bumps all over my face, and small blackheads all over my nose, tiny holes in my nose, ice picks, rolling scars, red marks, you name it, and cellulite on my thighs (this makes me want to avoid fruit more) amongst other skin issues like keratosis pilaris, rosacea, moles, freckles, scars, dark circles, and visible blue veins.

Maybe I should just not eat anything at all?

Well anyways, I'm using this to keep track of what I'm eating, and how my skin is doing every single day. I will do whatever it takes to get clear, even give up food.

I have really bad skin u guys :/// Let me know any comments you have if you know anything that will help me, im trying really hard to help my skin but i am going no where.

WOW impressive someone nearly as crazy as me, but you still haven't let go of ridiculous paradigms. Lets go through your list and compare to mine:

milk: partly skimmed chocolate milk does not seem to be an issue for me, but that could be due to my rapid transit time(bowel movements).

dairy: some causes me issues quickly. Organic kefir gave me cysts all over my back within days.

grains: Some cause me issues.

wheat: No issue.

soy: Hurts my stomach anyway, not sure.

citris fruit: Yup, issues.

tangerines: Not sure

oranges: Yup, but minute made no pulp concentrate causes no issues.

super sweet fruit: Avoid it like the pleague.

starchy vegetables: Not sure.

beans: Avoid it.

legumes: Avoid it

root vegetables: Potatoes cause me no issues, sweet potatoes not sure.

midnight shade vegetables: Tomatoes sauce causes me no issues.

salt: No issue.

sea salt: No issue.

spices: Not sure

vinegar: Not sure.

fermented vegetables: Avoid it like the pleague.

corn: Avoid it best I can.

eggs: No issue.

meat: Hmmm...fatty cuts I've been suspect of but not sure. I've included steak in my diet for months and not broken out.

fish: Some has caused me issues...sardines I believe were fine I'll repeat the experiment.

nuts: Avoid it like the pleague.

seeds: Avoid it like the pleague.

junk: Avoid it like the pleague unless its simple potato chips with vegetable oil. Coke and pepsi cause me no issues.

fruit juice: Avoid it like the pleague.

and i only drink water: Excellent

In my situation, if I were to return to fruits and vegetables my skin would get destroyed.

If you're going to fast on water, then make sure you got the enemas up. Yeah, it aint a very proud moment for some men when they got to do that, but it works.

Hi smile.png

Good luck.

No suprise at all here. Zinc has caused me enough problems.

Look after yourself smile.png

Thank you, I have decided that my diet is too restrictive. I changed my mind and decided to try and clear my acne with topicals and eat overall a balanced diet. I noticed I have memory loss, and loss of appetite/taste already. And I have depression, and feel dizzy if i workout, and when i stand up i blackout a lil. So I know I am missing out on vitamins and starving my body of nutrition.

I decided to change my way of eating and eat overall healthy. I have almond milk that has added vitamins and minerals so I will drink that. And im gonna start eating bread, cheese, yogurt, beans, and a wide variety of food that has nutrients in it. But definately NOT any junk food. I'm just going to try and clear my acne with topicals....

Bread: Whole wheat works for me.

Yogurt = Destruction

Beans = Problems

Cheese: Some cheese causes me issues.

Getting back on the nutrient track is an excellent idea though. Keep an eye on my situation and self experiments, I'll try and put together a diet that doesn't starve people.

Almond milk? Wouldn't dare touch it.

Edited by TheMedic

^^^ I never thought of it that way...since I'm usually only focused on clearing up my skin lol I don't think about how bad my health is getting damaged by it.

Today I ate nutella, coconut cookies, almond milk, and a mexican burrito w/ rice and beans :// During the day i ate my raw salad alll day but hunger struck me and I had an intense desire to eat something that tasted good so i just gave up!!

I am a little upset at myself right now but, I know the past is in the past and I can't change it. I can only change what I will eat tommorrow and the rest of my life. I've been thinking really hard what my "new" diet should be.

I'm not sure if i should cut out fruit or only eat 3 types of vegetables. I'm leaning more towards eating nothing but raw salad and fresh fruit (As much as i want). I am gonna eat apples, papaya, blueberries, limes, lemons, pears, and eat a bucket of salad each day with lots of water. OR I could eat just the bucket filled of raw salad and no fruit. I'm still not sure. But, one thing I know I need to do is eat a low GI, anti-inflammatory, low GL, and raw. And I'm going to cut out all the things that are known acne triggers or that people have reported causes them acne just to be sure this diet will work.

nutella: nope

coconut cookies: nope

almond milk, and a: nope

mexican burrito w/ rice and beans: nope

am gonna eat apples: oh HELL no.

papaya: HELL no

blueberries: Not sure.

limes: Not sure.

lemons: Nope.

pears: Nope.

and

eat a bucket of salad each day with lots of water: Not sure

You're on your way to a mental breakdown, you have no idea what's causing what, you're confused out of your mind and you're probably coming up with ten different ways to break out of your own personal hell each and every day. Most of which you won't hold to which will embaress you even more so. You're also going to build up trauma patterns in your brain, by the time you're done with all this you will have one hell of a case of PTSD.

Smells to me like the 80/10/10ers have infected your mind.

Edited by TheMedic

So far i get the feeling that cooked food, raisins, and eggs break me out and that im only able to eat raw fruit n veggies.

It suckss but I have to do what I have to do. Today I ate nutella, coconut cookies, almond milk, and a mexican burrito w/ rice and beans :// During the day i ate my raw salad alll day but hunger struck me and I had an intense desire to eat something that tasted good so i just gave up!!

I feel like I'm ready for a change though and that I am ready to get clear. It's hard to get back on the bandwagon though since I just got high off of eating junk. It's gonna be heard to restrict myself. I have to just fight the urges and tell myself to keep going......

Limp, i can relate somewhat to the stress that you are going through trying to figure out what is causing the imbalance in your body. It is a frustrating process and it is easy to go overboard especially when we read the log of others saying 'i stopped dariy and i was clear in a month!'. We won't all have the same triggers or time frame. All that we can do is try to eat a healthy lifestyle for us. Certain things we don't need:

processed foods

excess sugar

Certain foods affect a lot of acne sufferers:

dairy

Start with removing those things, increase your consumption of greens and fruits. Exercise, meditate, come up with a skin care routine whether natural or dermatologist prescribed that you can stick with.

Over time (weeks, months, years) you'll feel healthier, the depression will lift and the acne will get better. With a healthy body and mind will come healthy skin. It's a long process so do what you can, don't stress on the things that you can't and live life. You are NOT your acne!

Good Luck

Limp, i can relate somewhat to the stress that you are going through trying to figure out what is causing the imbalance in your body. It is a frustrating process and it is easy to go overboard especially when we read the log of others saying 'i stopped dariy and i was clear in a month!'. We won't all have the same triggers or time frame. All that we can do is try to eat a healthy lifestyle for us. Certain things we don't need:

processed foods

excess sugar

dairy

Start with removing those things, increase your consumption of greens and fruits. Exercise, meditate, come up with a skin care routine whether natural or dermatologist prescribed that you can stick with.

Over time (weeks, months, years) you'll feel healthier, the depression will lift and the acne will get better. With a healthy body and mind will come healthy skin. It's a long process so do what you can, don't stress on the things that you can't and live life. You are NOT your acne!

Good Luck

Don't agree, my mind has been in absolute hell state and feeling so sick with perfect complexion.

processed foods

excess sugar

dairy

Good Luck

Don't agree, my mind has been in absolute hell state and feeling so sick with perfect complexion.

Medic, that means then that you still need to address the mind piece of things. I am sorry that you are going through that. Thinking back, when i was clear a year ago, i was still miserable. Definitely trying to do things differently this time around. Acne becomes an easy excuse for our unhappiness in life and while it may exasperate things, sometimes it is not the true underlying cause.

processed foods

excess sugar

dairy

Good Luck

Medic, that means then that you still need to address the mind piece of things. I am sorry that you are going through that. Thinking back, when i was clear a year ago, i was still miserable. Definitely trying to do things differently this time around. Acne becomes an easy excuse for our unhappiness in life and while it may exasperate things, sometimes it is not the true underlying cause.

Ah do I dare say don't patronize me? lol. My pain wasn't the point of my comment, the point was to illustrate having good skin while being under sevear stress and discomfort. Thus an example of stress not being the cause of acne in this circumstance. When it comes to understanding my own psychological profile I'm what you would call 'elite'. ;)

processed foods

excess sugar

dairy

Good Luck

Ah do I dare say don't patronize me? lol. My pain wasn't the point of my comment, the point was to illustrate having good skin while being under sevear stress and discomfort. Thus an example of stress not being the cause of acne in this circumstance. When it comes to understanding my own psychological profile I'm what you would call 'elite'. wink.png

Glad that you're so in tune with yourself Medic. Definitely wasn't patronizing at all. Glad that stress was not your trigger for acne - it is though for many others though. Are you all clear now?

processed foods

excess sugar

dairy

Good Luck

Ah do I dare say don't patronize me? lol. My pain wasn't the point of my comment, the point was to illustrate having good skin while being under sevear stress and discomfort. Thus an example of stress not being the cause of acne in this circumstance. When it comes to understanding my own psychological profile I'm what you would call 'elite'. wink.png

Glad that you're so in tune with yourself Medic. Definitely wasn't patronizing at all. Glad that stress was not your trigger for acne - it is though for many others though. Are you all clear now?

Still got some red spots from my previous slip up, nothing new though! I'll add a video to my channel soon. I would say in a month if I keep to my system then my face should be healed up. All that will be left is some occasional cysts that come up on my arms, back and shoulders. Some people would say that's not a proper treatment. Frankly I find it facinating that my diet can dictate WHERE acne is popping up. That's very very curious.

Edited by TheMedic