Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tunnelvisionary

Dressing/dipping Sauce Recipes?

Hey,

So i've been doing pretty well lately with eating healthier and such. Skin is better, acne is better, blahblahblah.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any realtively simple ideas for making sauces and dressings (preferably thick and tasty, haha) that could be used on salads, salmon fillets, chicken, etc.

The more I eat the same meals, the more I realize that I would really love to spice things up with a good, healthy sauce or dressing. I can't seem to find any though. Any suggestions? :)

Well, this sauce isn't thick - heh! - but it IS a dressing I put on just about EVERYTHING, and am basically obsessed with. Ha.

So:

1 C Water

1 C Olive Oil

1/2 C Red Wine Vinegar

1/2 C Tamari Soy Sauce (or soy sauce of your choice -- or if you can't do soy, you could substitute)

20 cloves garlic, crushed in garlic press

Combine that all in some sort of container (perhaps a mason jar?), stir it up, and voila! You may have to stir it every time before you use it, but it's delicious, awesome, AND healthy. :D

Here's another recipe I have used that I love love love love love, from cookieandkate.com ... They use it with a kale salad, but again, I've put it on everything. Ha. I REALLY like dressings. 8)

ngredients:

• 1/2 cup olive oil

• 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped into big pieces

• 1 lime, juiced

• 2 tablespoons agave nectar

• 3/4 inch piece of ginger (approximate)

• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

• 1 clove garlic

• totally optional: 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, which isn’t raw, but tastes good!

Instructions:

Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a food processor or blender. Done!

There you have it! Oh -- and also pretty much anything with tahini is deliiiicious. :)

Hope you enjoy!

1/4 cup rice vinegar, but balsamic vinegar works really well too + 1/2 cup EVOO + 4 drops liquid stevia or two of those little stevia packets + 1 tsp cinnamon. Makes a nice tangy sweet and sour sort of dressing. You can add in a bit of almond or coconut flour to thicken and mildly sweeten it if you want. Like to drizzle it on meat and fish. Lasts a while too. Store it in the refrigerator preferably.

Also: http://www.marksdail...diment-recipes/

Definitely try making your own mayo using that recipe. I'd recommend using a bit less EVOO and melt some grass-fed sweet cream butter to make it even better.

Edited by chunkylard

Oh wow, thanks for the responses, both of you. They all seem fairly easy to try. I just need to see if we have the ingredients. If anyone has anymore, feel free to contribute!

Sometimes I grind up a bunch of himalayan salt, add some garbanzo or coconut flour and pepper, and lay a piece of fish in it+cook it like that.

I find that onions, lemon juice, ACV, fenugreek, cumin, coriander, 21 season salute, EVOO, garlic, ginger, and butter are all pretty interchangeable for sauces.