Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cervantes86

Is Oatmeal Bad For Acne

lol everybody posts topic asking whether a single food is bad. Oatmeal isn't so bad nutritionally (when compared to soda, fast food, or other garbage), but everybody can react differently to the lectins and antinutrients in it.

doesnt break me out either.

this is the kind i usually eat

http://www.betteroats.com/brands.php

I usually eat the apple kind or blueberry kind. Im not sure if this is a good "nutritional" oatmeal as it does have alot of sodium, some are high in fat/carbs. And with me the single packet isnt enough so i double up.

Depends what kind you are eating i guess.

It wouldn't hurt to try it, I find oatmeal masks are great for stopping breakouts in their tracks. Also makes a great breakfast boiled in milk and topped with fruit!

It wouldn't hurt to try it, I find oatmeal masks are great for stopping breakouts in their tracks.

Yup that's true tried oatmeal mask for my face. It helped soothed my bad break-out that time. It can exfoliate too.

If you google oatmeal mask they're recommended usually.

I'm not sure though if you're asking if eating oatmeal or applying oatmeal on face is bad for acne.

If you don't have any allergy on its contents then it's good for you :)

I usually eat the apple kind or blueberry kind. Im not sure if this is a good "nutritional" oatmeal as it does have alot of sodium, some are high in fat/carbs. And with me the single packet isnt enough so i double up.

Not so great with the added sugar and crap. It's so much easier and better to make your own. You can throw however much of whatever you want (given it's healthy, like fruit/honey/nut butters/cinnamon).

everybody is different, anyways, oatmeal is a pretty good cereal, contains loads of fiber and vitamins. Besides, its high caloric, i totally recommend them if you dont have trouble with gluten. Personally, i eat around 150-200 gr. of oatmeal per day. just make sure they are organic

Yeah, it's generally an awesome thing, provided you have no sensitivities. I effing love oatmeal, eat it most mornings. :}

And as some have said, it also has that amazing dual functionality of topical AND ingest-ible benefits. Heh!

Buy organic rolled oats at your local co-op (heh, bias) or wherever -- they're mega cheap and a super breakfast food. Add cinnamon, maybe some honey or agave, maybe some fruit, if you're not too sensitive to those things. Voila: awesome breakfast.

lol everybody posts topic asking whether a single food is bad. Oatmeal isn't so bad nutritionally (when compared to soda, fast food, or other garbage), but everybody can react differently to the lectins and antinutrients in it.

Again, another poster with terrible logic. Fast food is all bad? No. Fish is not bad, chicken is not bad, tomatoes are not bad. Asking on individual foods would be better than stereotyping foods, like you did here.

To answer any questions about ANY food on this planet and whether or not it breaks you out:

Yes, it can break you out depending on personal intolerances, allergies and overall genetic difference from person to person. Does that mean it will? No. How can you know if it will break you out? By eating it and seeing.

Oatmeal and rice are one of the few rare decent grains.

To answer any questions about ANY food on this planet and whether or not it breaks you out:

Yes, it can break you out depending on personal intolerances, allergies and overall genetic difference from person to person. Does that mean it will? No. How can you know if it will break you out? By eating it and seeing.

About time someone said it, there should be stickies at the top of the sections with that in bold.

As for me, can't say any grains or food in general break me out, I'll consider myself pretty lucky for that.

It's really good for the skin though if you mix it with water. I used to do it everyday until I ran out...

Try it (:

Not so great with the added sugar and crap. It's so much easier and better to make your own. You can throw however much of whatever you want (given it's healthy, like fruit/honey/nut butters/cinnamon).

thats the only down side is it does have added sugar. they do sell kinds w/o.

but, look at regular quaker oats and then this. the vitamin content from A to magnesium is pretty outstanding. Only thing regular plain oats is high in is iron and fiber. atleast thats what my original quaker oats says on the box.

but, look at regular quaker oats and then this. the vitamin content from A to magnesium is pretty outstanding. Only thing regular plain oats is high in is iron and fiber. atleast thats what my original quaker oats says on the box.

That's why you buy organic or gluten-free steel cut. Less processed and way tastier in my opinion. Having any added sugar at all is bad enough to not eat it in itself, plus the dried apples, plus I'm always skeptical of vitamins "implanted" into my food.

When used as a mask or to cleanse is it drying at all? Also I wear concealer on a couple of spots and I'm wondering if I need to use something first to get that off?

That's why you buy organic or gluten-free steel cut. Less processed and way tastier in my opinion. Having any added sugar at all is bad enough to not eat it in itself, plus the dried apples, plus I'm always skeptical of vitamins "implanted" into my food.

everything these days is fortified with vitamins. Kind of hard to avoid and organic is more expensive. Besides im not gluten sensitive nor do i believe (for me) that it has any affect.

Oddly enough the organic steel cut is a buck cheaper than the Quaker's steel cut brand. Thank god for Trader Joe's.

When used as a mask or to cleanse is it drying at all? Also I wear concealer on a couple of spots and I'm wondering if I need to use something first to get that off?

Not at all, I use it mixed with raw honey though. I'd say use your cleanser first then use the powdered oats mixed with honey and leave it for about 20 minutes.

Don't forget quinoa! :D

Don't forget quinoa! biggrin.png

I was gonna add it but it's not actually a true cereal grain.

I was gonna add it but it's not actually a true cereal grain.

Oh? I've always thought of it as a grain - you learn something new every day. But I've more so just always thought of it as deliiiicious.

Edited by Ukulala