Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi!

I've been on accutane for a little over a month now. Had a quite bad breakout the first 1-2 weeks and now it's going up and down. The thing is that i'm working alot with weights and such and I want to go up in weight. So i'm consdering starting on a protein powder called Big Mass Gainer. I would rather be on the full accutane course without a protein powder and get 100% clear instead of being on powder and not finish. Will this reduce any of the effect of accutane? Or will it cause me to flare up?

Edited by Daniel0202

Dont worry about it man. Ive been on oratane for nearly 4 months, I workout, and have gotten stronger and bigger than i have ever been! Just know your limit and dont be doing intense work outs if you feel weak or your joints hurt. I take protein powder (pea protein) and eat a lot since i am bulking right now. I am perfectly fine. I also take a preworkout. My face is clear, but not everyones body is the same, so i say give it a try and just watch how your body responds.

No, i checked its contents and you should be okay. I would not recommend you taking that tho, since it is very high in cholesterol. If you are prone to lactose (milk) you shouldnt take it, but while on accutane food wont make you break out no more, so dont worry. I make my own protein shakes after a work out and before going to bed. Here is what i put in them:

half cup of oatmeal

1 banana

almonds

1 teaspoon of olive oil

protein powder

1 egg

half cup of yogurt = 600+ calories and i have been doing this for the past 3 months while bulking and have gained 15 pounds. Sleep, nutrition, and good workouts will help you achieve your goals. Hope this helped. If you have any further questions message me or you can visit bodybuilding.com and ask people there, they will help you forsure. Good luck!

weight gainer is stupid, the carbs are dextrose and aren't nutritious, eat fruits/vegetables instead

eat whole foods. one big piece of steack has about 180grams of protein and that is more than enough to meet body builders daily macros.

Wrong. A steak is probably about 100g MAX....if that, depends on the cut.

And also to the OP, your body can only absorb about 50-60g of protein in one sitting. The rest will be stored as body fat, which is what you want if you are trying to build lean muscle and gain weight, which I hope is what you are trying to do since you are taking weight gainer.

weight gainer is stupid, the carbs are dextrose and aren't nutritious, eat fruits/vegetables instead

I wouldn't suggest weight gainer, instead try protein powder which has all the carbs and necessary ingredients to gain weight, with the added bonus of protein. Be careful, in some people whey can make them break out.

eat whole foods. one big piece of steack has about 180grams of protein and that is more than enough to meet body builders daily macros.

Wrong. A steak is probably about 100g MAX....if that, depends on the cut.

And also to the OP, your body can only absorb about 50-60g of protein in one sitting. The rest will be stored as body fat, which is what you want if you are trying to build lean muscle and gain weight, which I hope is what you are trying to do since you are taking weight gainer.

I wouldn't suggest weight gainer, instead try protein powder which has all the carbs and necessary ingredients to gain weight, with the added bonus of protein. Be careful, in some people whey can make them break out.

Yes, i'm taking the gainer to build muscle and gain weight. Thanks for the reply!

My only concern was that it would stop the effect of accutane.

Hmm, I think im gonna go with gainer, regarding that whey can make you break out.

I