Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rick12

Sick Of Acne!

i have been reading posts on this forum for a while now and i have decided its time to create an account and get some help.

so heres my situation...

im male and i started getting acne at about 15 years old and it was pretty moderate all over my face for a couple of years, i never really worried about it and it cleared up on its own by the time i was about 17. i would still get a couple of pimples here and there but nothing that bad.

im 19 years old now, going on 20 this year and my face is very clear. i will very rarely get a small pimple on my cheeks or chin, but my forehead is very bad now and has been for about a year or 2. from what i can remember, when i was younger my forehead never really had bad break outs but now i have very inflamed acne almost all the time and very big whiteheads. my forehead is also very oily, while the rest of my skin doesn't get oily at all.

i cant figure out what is causing it, i eat quite healthy, i drink A LOT of water everyday and i am a very active person.

i have tried all types of over the counter acne products, from natural ones to very harsh ones and they all seem to just make my skin worse (i have very sensitive skin also).

another thing, i do get some pimples of my back and shoulders, but this doesn't worry me like my forehead.

im currently taking a fibre supplement and a daily probiotic to see if this will help my skin, i have been taking it for 4 days so far.

so could anybody please shed some light on what might be causing my acne and some way i can try to stop it, thanks.

hey..keep taking the fiber supplement and probiotic and see how that helps. If it doesn't, I would suggest going to a derm. It's not uncommon that your face is only breaking out in one spot. That happens to a lot of people. For instance, I never ever get a pimple on my forehead, I only get them in my chin area.

the probiotics take awhile to work. i took them with other supplements and also going on the candida diet around the end of october 2011 and haven't gotten a cyst after about a month into it. They say you are supposed to take L Glutamine with the probiotics which i also did. The candida diet along with all the supplements was the only thing that cleared my skin and i tried so many other options to clear my skin. It was the only thing that worked for ME.

thanks for the replies, im going to continue using the fibre and probiotic and see if it helps. i was thinking of adding in vitamin D since, does anyone know if this would be a good idea?

I take vitamin D3 liquid form 1000 iu but i also had my vitamin d checked and it was low. I read an article that a physician did an experiment with vitamin D3 liquid form and it cleared most of his patients. I would recommend you get blood work and get your vitamin d levels checked. The best probiotics i found that worked for me was a brand called PB8.

Have you tried zinc? I'm not sure, but I think it has helped reduce the oil and therefore keep acne away. I've only been taking it for a couple months... I was clear for a month... then I started to slack off on the zinc... and I got a cyst about 2 weeks later. Coincidence? Who knows? But, I'm taking it daily again.

I take vitamin D3 liquid form 1000 iu but i also had my vitamin d checked and it was low. I read an article that a physician did an experiment with vitamin D3 liquid form and it cleared most of his patients. I would recommend you get blood work and get your vitamin d levels checked. The best probiotics i found that worked for me was a brand called PB8.

i might actually go and get my blood checked, maybe that could help find something that will work for me

Have you tried zinc? I'm not sure, but I think it has helped reduce the oil and therefore keep acne away. I've only been taking it for a couple months... I was clear for a month... then I started to slack off on the zinc... and I got a cyst about 2 weeks later. Coincidence? Who knows? But, I'm taking it daily again.

i have just started reading up on the zinc and it seems like it could be worth a shot

also, i remember when i was younger i would use a lot of oil-free cetaphil moisturiser before going to bed and strangely enough, it has been the only thing that has ever helped my skin. as i said in my first post, i have very oily skin so could doing this actually help my skin again?

try it and see if it helps you never know. Try eliminating certain acne trigger foods such as caffeine,peanuts, milk, gluten etc... you could have a food allergy. I believe acne needs to be treated mostly from the inside. There are so many options you just have to do some investigating and see what works for you. when my son was a teen he had acne not real bad but he used proactive and it cleared him up. Good luck