Effective Treatment...

Notifications
Clear all

Effective Treatment For Long-Term Cystic Acne - If You Are Desperate You Should Read This!

MemberMember
(@princesslala)

Posted : 01/19/2012 9:30 pm

Hello,

This is my first post, but I've been reading here a lot, looking for a solution to my adult acne. I've had it since I was 19, but it's always been sort of moderate. I had a lot of stress about 10 months ago (I am 31 now) and my acne just exploded. I started getting deep cysts on my jaws, those are the worst because they change the shape of my face. Also my cheeks were just covered in big bumps and pimples and even my forehead started getting them. They just started showing up like mushrooms after rain, and really painful and deep, leaving deep scars, etc. you get the idea.

I am a professional now so it really sucked going to work like this. No makeup can cover big woozy bumps. I tried getting regular facials, but things only got worse.

I bought the Regimen products. I am very happy with the Cleanser, the moisturizer and the AHA cream. The benzol also seemed to help to heal bumps faster, but they were just so bad that they would pop and bleed as I was washing my face. I guess I was no longer "moderate" and didn't see results, too many new pimples all the time.

I started antibiotics too. Again - I can't say whether that was working or not, because I was too desperate for results at this point to wait 6 months to see a difference.

Then I accidentally came across a Cosmetic surgery clinic, offering Acleara treatment. It's a new machine, just released in 2010 I believe. One treatment was $150 - I am usually suspicious but I decided to try it. I just finished my 6th treatment (completed them within 2 and a half months, last one was free). I saw results even after the first treatment and the results were like magic. I know this sounds like advertising, but I really have no words to describe how happy and relieved I feel. After the third treatment I was completely clear. But not just clear - my skin is totally smooth when I touch it. Nothing gross underneath, no bumps. The blackheads and whiteheads are pretty much gone. It's amazing. In between treatments I was getting a pimple or two, but very small ones, nothing like before. Now they are just gone.

The downtime is minimal. I started pretty severe and I was a little red for a couple of days. Now that my skin is clear, it only lasts an hour or two. I didn't get a lot of bruising, because they would adjust the strength to suit the sensitivity of my skin. There were some bruises at times from the suction, but that's only temporary and a small price to pay for the results. Besides, when there are no bumps, I could easily cover up with a little bit of powder or tinted moisturizer.

I know it's expensive, but this is the best spent money in my life. I wish I never had to deal with acne, but that's how it is for some of us. Now I have scars and some red spots left over. I am expecting them to fade some more. I am also considering some peels and microdermabrasion to further improve my skin. Haven't tried it yet, so don't know if it will work. But I feel so relieved, my friends and family can't believe my results and I tell them it's a miracle.

Anyways, hope I helped someone out there who is of working age and also struggling like this. Also, it is important that results are FAST! So if you are worrying about an event you want to look good for - it's worth trying. I just don't see how this treatment could fail, but I know there are different types of acne out there. Still, in my experience - if you do one procedure you will know if it has worked for you,

Well, that's all for now. I hope the results will last. I am not planning any more Acleara for the next few months. I was told I may only need 2-3 times a year from now on if the acne persists. Will see.

Good luck to all!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/27/2012 11:02 am

so glad you had such excellent results. i had one treatment last week and it cleared up my face a bit but not completely. it does feel smoother already and my pores look smaller in my cheek area so that made me happy! how often did you get the acleara done? the lady at the medical spa said i can come in once a week or once every 2 weeks or so. i dont want to spend a fortune but want to make sure i am getting the most out of it. i can do every 2-3 weeks and afford that but i want to make sure it will work if i stretch it out that long.

MemberMember
(@princesslala)

Posted : 02/28/2012 8:36 am

Hi!

It worked for me. 6 treatments total, 2 to 3 weeks apart. My last treatment was over 6 weeks ago, results are great. I did a mild chemical peel to improve complexion, but skin is smooth and blackheads are pretty much gone. I have some old scars to deal with. Pigmentation scars are fading.

Cheers!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/28/2012 9:33 am

that is awesome news. so happy for you :)

MemberMember
(@princesslala)

Posted : 08/19/2015 10:34 am

I was contacted by an user for an update on the long-term Acleara results.

So here's an update:

It turned out that the key in the initial amazing results was actually the antibiotic in combination with Acleara treatment, which really accelerated my recovery and improved the general look/feel of my skin.

Unfortunately, I had to discontinue the antibiotic after about a year due to side effects. In a few months the acne came back and this time around Acleara did not work. It was still improving my skin, but I kept getting new cysts :(

Eventually I found a new doctor and was prescribed Spironolactone. It's a pill meant to control high blood pressure, which I don't have. But some skin treatment clinics use it for acne in adult females. It's very mild, no side effects for me so far, and I've been on a low dose for almost 2 years. I also use Aczone and Tazorac (a RetinA cream). Both quite expensive without insurance. Thankfully, my insurance now covers derma care. The creams are great, but I doubt they would do anything for me without the Spiro.

I think it's incredibly frustrating that acne is often not covered by insurance and not treated properly. Once I finally had good insurance, I was able to get the prescriptions I needed and have pretty much forgotten about the problem.

Good luck to all!

MemberMember
(@thanson)

Posted : 08/19/2015 11:29 am

My doctor just prescribe me Spiro as well...100mg...I've used it before with positive results...I'm also using the Tazorac cream which I find to be very drying...I was also given Solodyn which is a fast acting antibiotic...I've developed very large cysts on my jaw line as well and little bumps all over my cheeks...I'm 42 and have been suffering with acne since my teens...It's two weeks since I've started with the meds and some are getting smaller BUT I'm still getting zits...I have no insurance so my doctor gave me tons of samples of the Tazorac and Solodyn...I'm gonna check out those treatments you mentioned...its a bummer that it's not working for you anymore...I'm too old for this :)