Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cvsepsy

Need Help With My Skin, Please!

Hi guys, I'm 18 and I'm hoping I can get some help with my face, please. I used to have some pretty bad skin but now its significantly better, except now I have some small bumps which I think are clogged pores, but then again I don't know much about skin/skincare. I used to always wash my face with regular soap, then used clearasil(which did nothing), then started exercising more which helped ALOT, and recently I began using guy stuff like Gillete or Neutrogena face wash,exfoliating wash, and the triple-protect skin lotion from neutrogena with spf 15(which I don't know if is enough for a sunny place like San Diego), all which make my face feel better, but don't rid me of those clogged pores.

Anyways, I seriously need help as I don't know what to do. Like most people, I want better skin, particularly on my huge pores and getting rid of the clogged bumps on my skin. Any advice, tips, tricks, anything that will help my skin overall even if I did not ask about it, anything to get me better looking skin.

I took these pictures just now so you can see what it actually looks like...

post-166502-0-62032200-1327022323_thumb.

Thanks in advance

cvsepsy, if the clogged pores are a problem for you, I would stay away from chocolates and beef fats and greases. These are usually what cause blackheads and clogged pores. Chocolates are hard to digest and your intestines excrete them through your facial pores which clogs them. Also, beef and beef fats do this. Try staying away from anything with chocolate and waxy like candy and stay away from burger meats and that type for a few weeks to a month and see if it helps your pores.

have you considered using exfoliators/acid? my derm gave me low concentration glycolic acid and lactic acid, after 1 month use, my skin tone is even and my face is brighter(I had hyperpigmented skin on my face). If you consider whether the SPF is high enough to protect your skin, you should see Australian regulation (since they have the highest rate of skin cancer) about the SPF. If I'm not mistaken, some people said that the Australian govt recommends SPF 30 plus UVA and UVB protection.

your skin looks red, probably due to irritation.. i would back off using hot or warm water when cleansing the face, use tepid water to reduce irritation. Use STABILIZED aloe vera gel and pure emu oil on the bumpy areas and maybe use skin MD on the rest of the face for awhile. Then after you see results back off using stuff on your face for awhile, just clense with warm/tepid water.

Thanks guys..yeah I just started Insanity 5 days ago and been playing soccer and my I think this helps my skin alot..

wll37: yeah now what I do is that i put the neutrogena lotion with 15 spf and then top it with 55 spf also from neutrogena sport...

RPembroak: really? I thought food wasn't linked to acne, but yeah i'll cut down on the fats more

th_05: Even like this I still feel embarrassed

Acne_Exposed: wow I always, always use hot/warm water for showers etc..ill try both the emu and aloe vera..and do you know if skin MD works, do you have an experience with it?