Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

How Do You Kiss Your Special Someone?

So kissing inevitably leads to your partner putting their HANDS on your greasy FACE. How do you do it? Wouldn't the moment be killed one he touches your face and there's bumps/oil all over his touch?

Look, honestly, nobody wants to touch a pimple (I myself never want to, but really only because I know that it hurts to touch them), and that's no big deal. :) But if somebody genuinely cares about you, they will kiss you and they won't give a flying squirrel about your skin. Not everybody does a huge deal of hands-to-face contact anyway. I was with my ex for two and a half years, he used to touch my hair and whatever else, but even with clear skin, there wasn't excessive amounts of face touchin'. :P

I haven't been able to kiss my partner since August... not because he doesn't want to but because I always seem to have a huge painful lump somewhere on my lip and it just hurts too much.

I know it makes you self conscious, and can make you feel unattractive, but you just have to remind yourself that they see past the acne to who you are - where we focus in on every blemish they generally see past them and the fact that they are kissing you generally takes priority for them over what condition your skin is in!

If a spot or bit of oil on your skin is that much of a problem for them, they're not worth being with!

It's never been an issue for me because I've never had a partner. *sobs*

If I do happen to find someone, I'm hoping it won't be an issue now anyway because my skin is clear and, for the most part, nowhere near as oily as it once was.

I can remember random times, just as an example, when I'd be made aware of what was going on with my skin. Like when I'd be talking on my phone and after finishing the conversation, I'd be able to tell that the phone had touched the side of my face. Couldn't help but notice and it would always make me wonder what people thought of my skin and if similar a thing would happen if someone touched my face.

I guess you have to weigh up the preferable option - have that contact with someone and risk them being put off, or not allow them that contact and give the impression you're not interested in them. Perhaps better to just go with it and let people make up their own minds and if they like you then acne or oily skin shouldn't really be the deal-breaker we may tell ourselves it is.

smile.png

Why do their hands have to be on your face lol? There are better places for hands to be grinwink.gif

Lol Deffinetly, this made my day

I don't, i think kissing is gross. I don't want a guy to kiss me and wipe off all my makeup so my redness shows. I'd just run home and say 'oops gotta go before you see what I really look like' lol.....

I don't let him touch my face anymore... not when we're kissing, or at any other time. Retin-A has made my skin extremely sensitive. D:

Why do their hands have to be on your face lol? There are better places for hands to be grinwink.gif

Ah,that hands on face while kissing.. kind of romantic.

But... I think I couldn't agree more to this ;)

I have never cared...no matter what my skin looked like at the time, I wanted my boyfriend to touch my face or neck. When I was younger I didn't like my significant other touching my face just for the heck of it, that used to make me really uncomfortable.

In my current relationship of a year and a half, I have never worried about my skin. I did break out rather noticeably a few months into the relationship, but my boyfriend said he didn't even notice, and we do a lot of touching of each other's faces. With someone you love and trust, it's just not an issue.