Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

I have been on accutane for about a month and some days.

I had a IB the first 1-2 weeks and then I was getting better but now its going up and down.

So my derm told me that I can use prednisone if I want. Its supposed to reduce inflammation and stop further breakouts.

But i've heard that a side effect is acne? I'm unsure if I want to go on prednisone or just stick with accutane.

Does anybody here have experience with prednisone? And how did it work for you?

Regards,

Daniel

I just don't get it how doctors can prescribe accutane and prednisone at the same time.

Prednisone in many cases will increase sebum production and so it will work contrary to accutane.

But the most important reason against pred is that is decreases the skin's ability to heal which is what accutane does as well.

So if you take both you will have a huge potential to develop scarring.

I just don't get it how doctors can prescribe accutane and prednisone at the same time.

Prednisone in many cases will increase sebum production and so it will work contrary to accutane.

But the most important reason against pred is that is decreases the skin's ability to heal which is what accutane does as well.

So if you take both you will have a huge potential to develop scarring.

Thanks for the reply! This sounded scary! Scarring is actually what i'm most afraid of, so picking up my prednisone wasnt really tempting at the moment.

I have a bit of swelling on both my cheeks, it hurts quite bad on my right side. Especially when I moisturize. I'm just too sick of the breakout when i'm starting to feel better. But it would be a great feeling if my acne and inflammation would reduce within just weeks. Maybe I should just stick with accutane? I'm just afraid that I will regret it.