Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sad.gif Hello, just want to say that it's terrible what this disease has done to me....

I'm already 31 and have had cystic acne the one that scars for half of my life now....

Everything has been done...

I started with a dermatologist @ 15...He put me on Tetracycline and cleocin...

didn't work....so then i tryed and infomercial product during that time called Acne Statin in the 90's....Supposedly, the answer to my prayers...Nope! So I went back a dermatologist, We tried Retin A also didn't work...for the first time I went on Accutane; horrible experience but it worked..So it seemed...After 3 to 4 months of using it...My doctor took me off Accutane, because I was clear.. few months later it came back....

@ my 20's I literally gave up..... But in '95 I tried Accutane again this time for a longer period of a time and a higher dosage which was 6months and taking two pills at a time which was one yellow and one red...I forget how many mg's they were but it was a difficult time...Again, my acne cleared up and again it returned seemingly with an avengance....

Now in most recent years I've tried ProActiv, Murad, Refresh Natural, Personal Blue light and Red light lamp treatment, Retin A Micro, nothing works....

In the present time, I just started seeing a dermatologist....Temporarily she has me on Dyacin and Tazorac, but after my blood test clears....You guess it Accutane for the third time....She said she going to give me an even stronger dosage and for a longer period of time...Should this be a concern? Gosh, with the new millenium and todays advances with technology and science....wouldn't you think they would have invented by now a miracle pill that you take on a regular basis to fight acne....I'll be happy and more than content if there was such a pill to take for the rest of my life if so be it...That's what I'll do...CAN ANYONE HELP?

Distraught and giving up,

SKERB1 sad.gif

Guest Captain Chaos

Have you tried Dan's regimen on any of the areas that aren't cystic?

Have you tried visiting an allergist to see if you're allergic to anything you're eating which could be causing your acne?

Gosh, with the new millenium and todays advances with technology and science....wouldn't you think they would have invented by now a miracle pill that you take on a regular basis to fight acne....I'll be happy and more than content if there was such a pill to take for the rest of my life if so be it...

Guest Zitro

_B5? I go to a dermatologist and it hasn't ever been mentioned to me.

_I'm on Benzaclin : weak but has no side effects (for people with resistant skin) and is cheap

_Maybe Benzoil peroxide of 2.5% will help

_Tetracycline : Bad memories for me (stomachache and not useful)

_I heard Benzaclin is one of the best acne medications today

There are so many medications to try, or you could try the slow (and expensive) way : Comedome extraction

i dont think derms perscribe B5, thats why...

From what i can tell, B5 stops or slows the production of oil, kinda like accutane, but without all the side effects, well at least not quite as hardcore

I know you have to take a ridiculously large amount of pills a day..like 20 or something???

Thanks for the reply, people....It's so good to be understood...I'm really interested in this B5 (Pantothenic Acid) Vitamin...

The myth is it's just like Accutane but, natural and without the side effects....Whoever has more input or information....please, fill this cup...Very determined to rid this severe acne ones and for all...

B5 did nothing for me, and I was taking about 20 pills a day. Accutane on the other hand has helped alot.

Just don't get your hopes up, but it's worth a try.

skerb

try b5 everyone who said they tried it and it did not work did not keep up with it or do it correctly. start with 20 500mg pills a day spaced out over the day and take them after a meal so they are absorbed better. you have to keep this up for about four months or until your skin is clear you can then lower your dosage to about 5 500 mg pills a day which i take all at once after lunch. after being on doxycycline for about a year it stopped working for me and my skin went from no zits to about 1 or 2 new zits a day which really depressed me so i checked out this site and started the b5 regimen about october of 2003 and by mid-january 2004 my skin has been completely clear. i maybe get a zit or two a month. since january ive been on just the maintenance dose and that keeps me clear. order the b5(pantothenic acid) from swansons vitamins you can get one thousand pills for 40 dollars. dont listen to the naysayers and try it. b5 changed my life and i can now leave my place with confidence and not worry about my goddam skin.