Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so I'll preface this thread by saying that I've been on accutane for nearly 3 months and I have seen DRASTIC results. My face is nearly completely smooth and the evil red dots that seem to be left over are starting to fade. I haven't had cysts or anything too major in forever.

However, I just discovered something tonight. And. I. Feel. Retarded. I wear foundatin/concealer and for the past two months I've moved away from my previous makeup removal solution [apple cider vinegar] as I felt it was a bit too harsh. But it removed makeup SO well. So I just discovered that the "amazing" cleanser I started using to remove makeup after a month of being offf of accutane isn't so amazing. As I was carefully removing my mascara with baby oil I accidentally brushed my face with it (which I'm pretty sure baby oil is not great for skin) I noticed foundation/concealer residue.

This literally tore me apart. And I'm nearly having a panic attack. The cleanser I was using made my face look so clean. I thought it was a pretty deep cleanser. Besides makeup I've been trying to refrain from using too many products on my face. I've basically been using a cleanser, moisturizer, and neosporin cream (which I've noticed has helped A LOT).

Anyway, sorry for ranting/rambling. I was wondering if its okay to use ACV on my face or is it too harsh? I pulled ou my bottle of ACV and did a good wiping of my face. Its so depressing :/. If it is too harsh, then can somebody please reccomend an accutane safe product? Because despite the vast improvement on my face I feel like my face may have been much better had I been properly cleaning my face.

Thanks in advance SO much to anyone who can help! I've been wearing makeup to cover acne for a couple years now. I feel like a newb all over again. :/

Jojoba oil. While on accutane I simply double-cleansed with a gentle cleanser however I wouldn't say it removed my makeup as well as I would have hoped; however post-accutane I've been using jojoba oil followed by a gentle foaming cleanser to remove residue and it can get off ANYTHING! Its also non-irritating and non-comodogenic, as well as moisturizing :)

I used to use Jojoba oil but I can't find it in stores anywhere in my town eusa_pray.gif but we have a new Trader Joe's open now so I might check there! So for right now I use Purpose gentle cleanser for the makeup removal then I use my Clinique foaming cleanser. It might sound irritating cuz I'm using two cleansers but it's all I can do for now but I found no irritation with my own skin. I hope this helped! cool.png

I second the jojoba! I don't wear makeup often because of the toxic chemicals most makeup contains, as well I like to let my skin breathe. When I do wear eye makeup though I use jojoba to remove it. It works very well and is super moisturizing.

I use extra virgin olive oil. It's cheap, safe and the molecules are too large to clog your pores. I put a small amount in my palm, rub my hands together and sweep it over my face and eyes. Then I use cotton pads to wipe off my foundation and eye makeup, followed by my cleanser to wash off the residue. :) It's cheap, it lasts forever and it leaves your skin nice and soft. It can leave your eyes a tad cloudy, so try to keep 'em closed when you're removing your mascara and such.

Don't use ACV on your face, especially if your skin is sensitive and dry. It will make it worse (I've tried it, this was pre-Accutane... even when my skin was oily, not only did it smell like cat pee, it burned and didn't help at all). Oil is the best thing to remove your makeup. :D

I use Clinique's makeup remover. Gets all the makeup that is stuck around acne and whatnot. I haven't used anything better than that. I used to use Burt's Bees makeup removing wipes (still use them when I'm too tired for all that makeup removing) but they can be irritating on acne with all the scrubbing. Try the Clinique stuff. A little pricey but it gets it ALL off in one try instead of irritating your face to get it off.