Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whoopwhoop

My Regimen. Suggestions Greatly Accepted!

Hey all,

I am a 17 year old with mild to moderate acne. Like everyone else I tend to think it is worse than it really is, but aside from that....

This morning was my first day of the regimen. I have Dan's 3 products and the jojoba oil. I am hoping this works. Initially my face appears to be a little broken out where it was not before. Normal? I am sure it is.

Hoping to get clear! Would love anyone's special advice or any tips.

Few question if anyone would be willing to answer:

When doing the BP and starting off with a half pump how do you spread it? That is not enough to cover my face completely.. So do I just cover the acne areas as much as possible? Or what? Any help there would be great.

Also when applying the mousturizer I am not so sure I need 2 full pumps. It makes my face VERY glassy and very noticeable in public. Can I use less and still be alright?

I am sure I have more questions and will post them when I remember !

Will keep people updated and eventually upload pictures of my start and my progress. Little nervous about it, but I think people should see real results.

If i could go back in time I would Never use a cleanser. I would wash my face with water apply bp with absolutely NO moisturizer. Just lt my natural oils do its thing with some drying action of the bp. In my experience moisturizers are BAD for acne.

And just cover your most prone areas

The best advice i could give a newcomer is this. You need to get to know your OWN skin. Dont just use 1 pump or 2 pumps or whatever just cause someone told you that number. You must customize my friend. Maybe you only need a little bp. Dont fall into the trap of numbers and stuff. Your skin is an organ and must be treated differently on a daily basis depending on its condition.

Thank you. I appreciate for feedback and that is definitely something I will consider. I will try out Dan's full regimen until I notice it working or not. Did you try Dan's full regimen with his products? Did it not work for you?

Buddy I have done it all. Seriously. Dans regimen worked for me when I was 16-17-18 but as i grew older it dried my skin too much. Dont get into the habit of harsh cleansers. In my opinion, using a clean washcloth m. water every time to soak up the oil on your skin is the answer, along with topicals. Think about it, your removing the oil just like you would with a cleanser except no fucking nasty chemicals that can clog your pores. Then when you wash with water, follow up with bp in your acne prone areas. If you start getting cysts. Go to the derm and get some antibiotics. I also find that swimming helps too. You DONT need a cleanser bro i promise. I know the science of skin. You want to keep the acid mantle intact. The acid mantle actually will help fight bacteria. THat along with BP and your good to go. Cut out milk completely.

If you do these things you will get clear. Have a healthy lifestlye with sunshine and exercise. Thank me later bro. p.s. I know quite a bit more than dan or most people about skin biology.

hey dude i have now been on the regime for 16 months and my face has never been so clear( i also use all of dans products ). The regime literrally made my life so much happier as my acne was really bad.

- I know what you mean by half a pump is not enough, just put it on your acne spots first and try to use the rest to get as much as possible.

- The dryness does not set in right away it sometimes takes like ten days. So even though putting on 2 full pumps now seems like alot it might not in a couple of weeks.

- You can try dropping the amount of moisturizer if it is still to greasy but when you start adding more bp or you become really dry make sure you up the moisturizer.

- The regime sucks man as it is a long process and in the beginning your face will be dry and red but it is so worth it in the end.

- Starting slow is key as you want your skin to slowly adjust to the bp. Starting slow will make your skin less dry and red.

- it will get worse before it gets better. this is called purging.

- When i was a few months in i was almost clear but i was still dealing with dryness so when i was going to school i would take a thing of moisturizer in my bag and put on a pump if needed in the bathroom so noone would see. You will not always need it but it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it as dry skin can be a real *****.

- Excersing, getting 8-9 hours sleep a night, a decent diet and staying stress free along with the regime goes along way to getting clear and staying clear.

- i still usually do the regime twice a day but now if i have stuff going on i can go a few days off than back on with no problems. Sometimes if i am lazy i only do it once a day. Even though i can do it like this now in the beginning i never missed an application. You have to be really dedicated for a long time, i am sorry i know this sucks to hear.

- some ppl say the cleansers are so drying but in my opinion i think washing your face with a good soap is so important as it gets rid of all the bacteria and i believe dans is the best.

- It took me about six months to get a 100% clear and another two after that to totally get rid of the small bit of dryness left and for my complexion to become perfect.

- Good luck man. stick it out. so worth it.

Awesome post. I have only been on it for about two full weeks now.

I can say that my acne is slowly subsiding, but like you said my face is indeed EXTREMELY dry. I am not that worried about it because all of the posts I have read have really emphasized that you will indeed have dry skin for a long marking period. Is there anyway to treat the amount of flaking? besides moisturizing obviously.

I would also be interested to know how you up-ed your BP usage. I started off with the half pump, but for the past 5 or 6 days I have been going to 3/4 pump. Is that fine? How long til i go to a full pump, then two pumps?

Thanks all, much appreciated. I am determined to stick with it because I can feel and see a difference. When all of Dan's things have been on my face for 5 or 6 hours I can just notice the improvement. I have not been getting acne flare-ups(except for a couple that have subsided quickly) and it is awesome.

Peace and Love to all on the regimin