Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vcsteve

Accutane Next Month? Advice?

hey guys, background info: 16(17 by the time i start accutane)(next month), male, tried everything on the planet to avoid accutane. i really dont mind it, but my derm wants to avoid using it because it is a harsh drug, and since i am an aspiring bodybuilder, my workouts would be greatly effected, and may have to be stopped all together. i have bad acne on my face (cheeks, underneath jaw, neck, chest, AND backk...since 4 years ago. my face used to be clear for the most part but my back was worst. now its just everywhere.ive tried home remedies as well. been on antibiotics for about 4 years as well. wondering if u guys think accutane is a good idea. i think its my only hope..this acne kills because i wont be able to show my body because of the terrible acne...its killing my confidence. im really self conscious about it. also, i now have a girlfriend that is willing to have sex but i dont want her to see my back and chest. i am afraid of the initial breakout of the accutane but i guess in the long term it is the best option and far more powerful than topicals and antibiotics. so from your guys' standpoint, you think accutane is the best route for me?

I am no bodybuilder, but I do enjoy a good workout and I do see good results with my workouts. I am 30/male. I took accutane when I was your age and it worked wonders. However, today, I am on accutane, again. In recent years, I wasted hundreds of dollars on antibiotics and topical creams - a total waste. Accutane is the only cure. Period.

It has caused me some pretty painful lower back pains. Recently, my biceps have been hurting at the gym. So, I guess you should prepare to workout less if the accutane causes you pain. Believe me, if you have to pay for it or pay for your insurance like I do, accutane can be even more painful. It was much better when my folks paid for it when I was 15.

Recently, I had an initial breakout, but it calmed down. I may have another breakout next month when my dose goes up. Its just part of the process. Ask your derm if he/she can start you off on a small dose to see how your skin reacts to the accutane. You may never have an initial breakout at all.

Also, if your girlfriend respects you, she should be willing to wait until you feel comfortable enough to have safe sex whether you have acne or not.

My bro took it when he was 17 and now is 29 and it never came back. He is beautiful n has flawless skin to this day. He does.have scars on his back, some keloid scars, because the severity of his acne as a teenager. That's why when I got adult acne at 26 I didn't hesitate to take it and my fam pays for it. I agree with ^^^ if you got insurance do it! Lol but yeah don't wait any longer because it can leave bad scars.

hey guys, background info: 16(17 by the time i start accutane)(next month), male, tried everything on the planet to avoid accutane. i really dont mind it, but my derm wants to avoid using it because it is a harsh drug, and since i am an aspiring bodybuilder, my workouts would be greatly effected, and may have to be stopped all together. i have bad acne on my face (cheeks, underneath jaw, neck, chest, AND backk...since 4 years ago. my face used to be clear for the most part but my back was worst. now its just everywhere.ive tried home remedies as well. been on antibiotics for about 4 years as well. wondering if u guys think accutane is a good idea. i think its my only hope..this acne kills because i wont be able to show my body because of the terrible acne...its killing my confidence. im really self conscious about it. also, i now have a girlfriend that is willing to have sex but i dont want her to see my back and chest. i am afraid of the initial breakout of the accutane but i guess in the long term it is the best option and far more powerful than topicals and antibiotics. so from your guys' standpoint, you think accutane is the best route for me?

I have taken accutane 2x, and I would definitely do it again. There are a lot of horror stories out there, like there are with a lot of other drugs, but the reality is that it works amazingly well for most people. I think you'll find that being on Accutane isn't as bad as most people make it out to be.

Thanks for the feedback guys! decided not to wait the month before going back to the derm; going back later this week hopefully. (last week i went on thursday). gonna go thru with the accutane, cant wait!